lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
ezgoin92
Not Yet Wild

Default coil overs vs. hd spring to serve as lift?

Hello all,

Before I even ask......92 ezgo electric marathon stock motor etc...(for now at least) but i have added a rear seat for kids and use the cart to pull a small utility trailer around the yard for yard work. The current leaf springs are super tired.

I was going to put in a set of HD leaf springs to prob give me an inch or so lift from my tired leaf springs and was looking to get some new shocks or just keep what i have and use some shock extenders. Looking at a bunch of other threads on coilovers left me with the question can i just put in a set of coilovers (front and rear) that are X number of inches over the originals to act as a lift and will that work or does it mess up the suspension / stability by pulling out the existing springs? With coilovers can I just pull the existing leaf springs out, and with the front axel setup not sure i can pull the leaf springs out. Your experience is as always appreciated also any reference numbers to move the process along would be great.
ezgoin92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: coil overs vs. hd spring to serve as lift?

You cannot just replace shocks with coilovers and remove the leaf springs, front or rear.

Leaf springs locate the axles as well as provide suspension movement.

The shocks just dampen the suspension movement for a better ride. Best advise is replace the worn out leaf springs and keep your shocks as is unless they are leaking.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO