lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Turfspray
Getting Wild

Default Mpt 1000

I have a MPT 1000. The unit will not move. The motor runs but a grinding in the rear end is heard. I dropped the cover and saw the left (driver) axle was not spinning. I pulled the axle and the last 1/4" is stripped that goes into the differential. There is about 1 1/2" of splines on the axle shaft. I find it hard to believe the manufacturer designed this with only 1/4" of contact. It appears there is no service info to speak of for this rear end. Spicer/Dana 74612G01 sn 24319 build date 4/6/10. Any ideas? Thanks
Turfspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Turfspray
Getting Wild

Default Re: Mpt 1000

Axle length 24" or 24 7/8" depending on if you measure to the end of the threads or not.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Maybe the wrong axle was installed.
EZGO lists driver side axles from 23.84" to 25.55" for various models and years.

Give EZGO a call and get the right part number for your cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
Turfspray
Getting Wild

That is what I was thinking but this cart came from a big fleet where things were swapped around. I was looking to see if anyone had better info than I found. This is the heavier rear end assembly as the hubs are bigger than the regular carts that I have. Thanks for the info on the lengths. I will check.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO