lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default OK I am now the owner of a 2008 bad boy buggy (EZGO)

The front drive axle might be messed up. ( CV joint or differential)

My neighbor asked, "why dont you put a normal front end on it and with one motor, You should be able to hit all of you property and with 48 volts and one motor, I should get a good long run time"

I just didn't know the answer

Are there any opinions on this thought?

We have 43 acres 1/3 cleared and lake 2/3 wooded.

thank You and Merry Christmas in advance
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Default Re: OK I am now the owner of a 2008 bad boy buggy (EZGO)

I purchased a basket case bad boy 4 seater a while back. I finally started putting it together. Right now I only have the rear motor running. For most of what I will use it for rear drive only would be just fine.

If my front axle breaks beyond repair I would be fine putting in a regular axle.

I will pick up a regular front axle when I find one cheep since the bad boy front axle is problematic, just to keep the down time to a minimum.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Oh yeah, don't forget new wheels for the front. You most likely have 5 lug front wheels like mine, not the regular 4 lug.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
upstatewoodie
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

have either of y'all done the 2wd conversion yet? I also just acquired a 2008 BBB classic. with 2 controllers and needs some front end work. so debating the same thing. don't need the 4wd but the deal on this Buggy was to good to not buy it.
upstatewoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatewoodie View Post
have either of y'all done the 2wd conversion yet? I also just acquired a 2008 BBB classic. with 2 controllers and needs some front end work. so debating the same thing. don't need the 4wd but the deal on this Buggy was to good to not buy it.
Neither of these two gentlemen have posted on the forum in over a year and csport posted then he was getting rid of his BBB. They may not be listening any more.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"OK I am now the owner of a 2008 bad boy buggy (EZGO)" Oops!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
upstatewoodie
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Neither of these two gentlemen have posted on the forum in over a year and csport posted then he was getting rid of his BBB. They may not be listening any more.

well that is a bummer as I am new to this whole thing and the bad boy cost me $300 and came with a new set of batteries. so I am trying to revive this thing and get it running right. after I replaced the hub it now seems the CV axle is bad and Just don't know if I can convert it to 2wd by swapping the front end out and just running it off the one controller since this model has a controller for the front and one for the back axle. my thoughts on this would be it will eliminate any future 4wd issues.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatewoodie View Post
well that is a bummer as I am new to this whole thing and the bad boy cost me $300 and came with a new set of batteries. so I am trying to revive this thing and get it running right. after I replaced the hub it now seems the CV axle is bad and Just don't know if I can convert it to 2wd by swapping the front end out and just running it off the one controller since this model has a controller for the front and one for the back axle. my thoughts on this would be it will eliminate any future 4wd issues.
Put an E-Z-GO front end on it to get rid of the front wheel drive, put in a new controller, and rewire it like an E-Z-GO. $300 was not a bad investment, if you get rid of everything BBB in the driveline and go back to E-Z-GO or better.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #9
upstatewoodie
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Put an E-Z-GO front end on it to get rid of the front wheel drive, put in a new controller, and rewire it like an E-Z-GO. $300 was not a bad investment, if you get rid of everything BBB in the driveline and go back to E-Z-GO or better.

Thanks Bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO