lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #11
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 88 Marathon Solenoid and MS wiring question

Here is another diagram I found in my 88 EZGO folder, detailing the MS connections. Sounds like you are on the right track, you simply need to sort out the solenoid activation circuit.

I upgraded with Scottyb's conversion kit so I can't help you out with any pics.

I hope this helps. Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiring diagram.jpg (57.2 KB, 0 views)
Ryan4t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #12
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so I figured the micro switches out. I also have pictures for you. In your pic the switch on the right in pic 1 is only for the reverse buzzer. One side is going to the buzzer as you have it the other side will go to one of the battery + terminals only if you want the buzzer to work. The second switch supplies - power to the key switch one side has the blue wire going to it from the key switch and the other goes to a ground point. Mine is going to the top post on the opposite side of the switch board to the micro switches and also in installed position. I am not sure what this swit h is supposed to do. I have not unbolted this board to get a good look at what is going on yet. The yellow from the key switch provides ground to contactor relay on the left small post. The right post goes to one side of the micro switch on the wiper board and the other terminal on the micro switch goes to + battery connection. Mine is going to the bottom post installed position on the switch board. I do not know if the contactor relay is triggered by 36 volts but I think it is so you will have to connect to these same posts as mine is for it to work. I did not read it with a meter but can if you need me to.

hope this helps and let me know if you need something. I am new to the cart thing but have a background in electronics also was previously an auto mechanic so maybe can answer something else for you
superair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #13
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pics below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCM_2452.jpg (142.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg NCM_2450.jpg (134.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg NCM_2451.jpg (127.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan4t4 View Post
Here is another diagram I found in my 88 EZGO folder, detailing the MS connections. Sounds like you are on the right track, you simply need to sort out the solenoid activation circuit.

I upgraded with Scottyb's conversion kit so I can't help you out with any pics.

I hope this helps. Good luck

This diagram is definitely different than my cart. Mine is a 1990 so maybe I have been no help on your cart. The principal is the same anyway. You need a ground going to the left post on the relay and most likely 36v going to the other side to energize it. You could always bypass the micro switches and wire the relay direct to the key switch bypassing the safety circuit. I think the switches mainly keep you from having the accelerator pressed while turing on the cart.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #15
jagun65
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for everyones help.... I got the solenoid and micro switches wired and the cart is rolling... however it will roll on its own without me touching the accelerator pedal....and the resistor coils are glowing red... I had to remove a ground wire to prevent a melt down...

what now?

I just realized that there is a 2nd wire on my solenoid "large post" that I have going to the speed board first contact... not the contact for resistor coil # 1 as I think it should be....
jagun65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:30 AM   #16
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On one side there should be the wire coming from 36 volt + side of the batteries, the other side should have two wires one going to the top post on the speed board also going to post 1 on the resistor pack (the smallest resistor) and the other one should go to the wiper. jack the wheels up and make sure the wiper is all the way down and not hung on one of the contacts for speed. The bottom contact on the wiper board should not have anything going to it. If you have power to the motor from what I can tell it will have to be coming from the wiper board somehow. Also you can hear the contact engaging when the accelerator is pressed so if it does as soon as the key is turned on then you must be making contact on the pedal already.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #17
jagun65
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by superair View Post
On one side there should be the wire coming from 36 volt + side of the batteries, the other side should have two wires one going to the top post on the speed board also going to post 1 on the resistor pack (the smallest resistor) and the other one should go to the wiper. jack the wheels up and make sure the wiper is all the way down and not hung on one of the contacts for speed. The bottom contact on the wiper board should not have anything going to it. If you have power to the motor from what I can tell it will have to be coming from the wiper board somehow. Also you can hear the contact engaging when the accelerator is pressed so if it does as soon as the key is turned on then you must be making contact on the pedal already.
Making sure I installed my resistor coils in the correct direction b/c I replaced that as well... I have the largest coil in the front (coil # 1) and the smallest being (coil # 4) in the rear closest to the motor......
jagun65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 PM   #18
superair
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is correct but that is not your issue with it running at the turn of the key.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO