lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS vs. Series

WELL SAID
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #22
Ga Buggy
Not Yet Wild

I have just purchased a gem. It's a 68 Marathon. The only thing I need is an arm rest for the drivers side. Anyone know where I can get one. Cart places here are of no help
Ga Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #23
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Series style carts by far are going to be cheaper to upgrade motor/controller parts. There are more motors and controllers available. If I have to choose between the 2 I would buy a series style cart.

PDS carts have less available but the technology is starting to catch up. You can buy a....what some call a chip....its actually a plug in connector with wires going to different pins on the controller. You have a choice of "chips". Each one will do different things. PDS carts should have a longer run time due to the regen motor.Thats my $0.02. Im sure others will have more comments.
First I heard of this... Why would that be? I know that's true of electric cars because the power "regenerated" during braking is put back into the batteries in the form of an additional charge, but on a PDS cart?

I thought the only advantage to PDS regen was braking on the downside of steep hills so the motor doesn't fly apart and it's easier on those brake shoes.....

please 'splain
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #24
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Re: PDS vs. Series

If you put a PDS cart in steep hill mode it will run for 4 days at the beach without a charge. At least mine will. That's a stock cart with a stock controller, stock solenoid and 17" wheels. This is what it looks like.
With it in the speed setting I get almost 2 days out of it and that's pushing it.

The cart will send juice back to the batteries while slowing down and the cart runs slower also. This is a 2004 model I bought new. There are no upgrades to the cart other than PQ motor with shaved magnet and the speed harness I use. As far as holes in the dash, that each ones deccission. That's why I use the dash area so my dash isn't cut up.
As far as is it worth it, you bet it is if you like options! Better yet if you like doing things to make changes that are worth the effort.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #25
Wallyway
Not Yet Wild

Can you speed up a 2002 TXT series cart?
Wallyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyway View Post
Can you speed up a 2002 TXT series cart?
Sure you can, make a new thread in the electric ezgo section and tell us more about your cart and what you want to get out of it. There are plenty of people on here to help.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #27
mikeburg
Not Yet Wild

love the wheels. what kind are they and hoe did you mount them?
mikeburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #28
jerry miller
Not Yet Wild

hi,how do I know if I have a pds or non pds
jerry miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #29
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry miller View Post
hi,how do I know if I have a pds or non pds
Jerry, follow this article here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html

Also, you wouldn't by chance be Jerry Miller the artist?
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO