lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What is this cart worth, and is it good for a custom build?

Found this on Craigslist. It's an '03 ezgo, but don't know much about what model other than that. Owner says the batteries are shot. He's asking $1,000. I am interested in doing my own build (new controller, batteries, wires, lift, paint, etc). Trying to determine if this is a good base cart.

image.jpg
MattFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is this cart worth, and is it good for a custom build?

from the picture it looks like its in [pretty good shape. but whether or not its a good base, all depends on what you plan on doing with it. As in are you going to make a neighborhood cruiser? or a off road? or a combination of the two? do you plan on lifting it? larger tires? depending what you end result will be will determine which drive system you want to have in your cart. considering you can't see a F&R lever on the front of the body near your drivers right knee, it is most certainly a SEPEX (PDS) DRIVE CART..... so, with that said, give us some more info as to how you plan to use your cart after the upgrade and we can better answer your questions.

Did you lift the seat and look at the battery tray? is it rusted? how about the frame? did you crawl under it and look?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
from the picture it looks like its in [pretty good shape. but whether or not its a good base, all depends on what you plan on doing with it. As in are you going to make a neighborhood cruiser? or a off road? or a combination of the two? do you plan on lifting it? larger tires? depending what you end result will be will determine which drive system you want to have in your cart. considering you can't see a F&R lever on the front of the body near your drivers right knee, it is most certainly a SEPEX (PDS) DRIVE CART..... so, with that said, give us some more info as to how you plan to use your cart after the upgrade and we can better answer your questions.

Did you lift the seat and look at the battery tray? is it rusted? how about the frame? did you crawl under it and look?
Good questions. I should of been more specific. My goal is to have a 4-6" lifted cart with 23" tires. I also plan to add a rear seat for 4 passengers. It will be used to drive around my neighborhood to neighbors homes and to pool. Neighbhood has some moderate hills but not terrible. I would estimate that I would drive 8-10 miles max in one day. If I can get something on the cheap I don't mind upgrading the complete electrical system. My neighbor purchased an already built 2012 ezgo for $5,500 and I figured I could do my own build for less $.

No, I haven't went and looked at cart yet. Just spoke with owner who said the cart has been great to him over the years, it just needs new batteries. For all I know the battery tray and frame could be rusted out.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post

A PDS cart has a round rubber plug in the hole where the F/R lever of a series cart goes through the seat pedestal and we cannot see either in the photo, so the drive type is still unknown.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattFX4 View Post
Good questions. I should of been more specific. My goal is to have a 4-6" lifted cart with 23" tires. I also plan to add a rear seat for 4 passengers. It will be used to drive around my neighborhood to neighbors homes and to pool. Neighbhood has some moderate hills but not terrible. I would estimate that I would drive 8-10 miles max in one day. If I can get something on the cheap I don't mind upgrading the complete electrical system. My neighbor purchased an already built 2012 ezgo for $5,500 and I figured I could do my own build for less $.

No, I haven't went and looked at cart yet. Just spoke with owner who said the cart has been great to him over the years, it just needs new batteries. For all I know the battery tray and frame could be rusted out.
With 23" tires, rear seat and any hills at all, plan on replacing the stock motor also, be it series or sepex.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

image.jpg

I'm inquiring with owner to find out more. Not sure if above pic helps
Old 05-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The serial number returned the following on the EZGO look-up site.

Make: TXT
Type: Electric 36 V
Model: TXT Standard (PDS)
Year: 2003

So it is a 2003 TXT PDS.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The serial number returned the following on the EZGO look-up site.

Make: TXT
Type: Electric 36 V
Model: TXT Standard (PDS)
Year: 2003

So it is a 2003 TXT PDS.
see Johnnie.......I told ya so!!! lol

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
MattFX4
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, so it's a 2003 36 volt pds cart. Owner claims only thing wrong with it is batteries are shot. Owner also claims no rust. I haven't seen in person but looks clean in pics. I'm going to check it out Saturday morning and if it is clean I'm going to pick it up. He said he would let it go for $700. This sounds like a good deal to me. I plan to put $3-$4k Max in it and should be a nice cart after that.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

$700 is fair for an '03 PDS roller as long as it actually works when batteries are installed. As for your upgrades, build the electric delivery system (controller, cables, solenoid, and motor) for your worst case power scenario FIRST. Great time to consider 48v since you are buying batteries, but that is a leap of faith on a roller. Then, add the bling with the leftover budget.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO