lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #21
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Ok so I'm going to replace secondary clutch

Thanks Dave. I was going to do that but then called Tom at cartpartsplus and he said that any kit with a spring would kill all my top end. He said that I only needed a machines sheave. So now I'm confused. Don says I need the kit, Tom says I don't. Also don says I need both sheaves. Tom says I only need one. Then I've read not to use the white spring which comes with Don's kit. I do have a small lift and 20" tires.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #22
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I would still listen to Don. If he has a white spring, it's not the same as the one in the power kits sold on e-bay and elsewhere. You've seen the pics of what the "white" spring can do. I believe that Don's springs come in many colors, but not white...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Plowmans has good springs, it will do what he says it does. He puts a lot of effort into all his stuff so it works well, but you pay a little more. The umax you may need to remove the tangs on the end for a G1, but yes its the yamaha utility cart spring and the only HD spring made to use in a secondary I've ever heard about. The other springs are not.

Beware of new sheaves, some are thin and cheap, get a good one. I have a cut secondary from CPP or tnt I forget, anyway its heavy and I don't worry about it breaking. It was listed as heavy OEM spec sheave not a cheap one, and it is, and was cut by them. I have run it with a umax it works great on my clone.

The cut sheave will give you more 'low gear' and that is all it does for you. So when you take off or climb a really steep hill or take off on a hill or tow....it helps a lot to get you going quicker. After that it does nothing. A HD kevlar belt from CPP will also help do this more and its a super nice double cogged belt. I run all three of those, the sheave the HD belt and the umax. I can lay rubber on cement pulling something, it helped the stock engine a lot too.

I just put the brakes on and grab the sheave by hand, then use a wrench to turn the nut off, or a 3/8 socket wrench. Not sure why it would be super tight, it does not need to be.

I don't know what to tell you about plowmans, he has great products but what you buy is up to you. The umax works nice I never ran a plowmans and his kits are different for every cart sometimes even how you use the cart.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:43 AM   #24
pug61875
Not Yet Wild

Can someone tell me where to get a splined collar for a g14? I have looked everywhere and can't find a place to just buy the collar.
pug61875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:31 AM   #25
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

They are all over google and Ebay as "yamaha clutch spring seat"
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:29 AM   #26
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

don's the man
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha