lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #11
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: RXV Brake Issue

Thanks for those tips. I did notice upon removing the bolts they were not easy to spin-out with fingers, even after many revolutions. But the brake pulled off very easily.
konakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2016, 08:21 AM   #12
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Results????
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #13
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedNeck View Post
Results????
Still waiting for delivery of new brake. I'll let you know. :)
Old 07-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #14
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Well --- Got the new motor brake in and everything appears to be working as it should. Not the easiest to replace when you have one of those back seats - but not impossible for this mechanically challenged newbie to golf cart repairs.

And I learned something else I might need to know again.

But I couldn't have done this, or any of the other fix-it jobs I've managed to do, without the help of this forum and you guys. So THANKS AGAIN.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 AM   #15
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was wondering if it might be easier to access by removing the left rear wheel for those with back seats?
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:31 AM   #16
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
I was wondering if it might be easier to access by removing the left rear wheel for those with back seats?
I was wondering that as well, and gave it a look. However, there appeared to be some wheel well "panels" between the tire and motor brake, and I didn't really give it a good look as to how easy those might be to remove.

I would be interested to hear what others have to say about that, because from all the posts I have read about this brake - this may not be the last time I have to make this repair.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:20 AM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

We had an OEM rear seat on our two RXV carts. The cushion can be removed from the framing by removing four bolts. Lift off the seat cushion and the plastic motor cover comes right off. Bam, you're in.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:20 PM   #18
konakid
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
We had an OEM rear seat on our two RXV carts. The cushion can be removed from the framing by removing four bolts. Lift off the seat cushion and the plastic motor cover comes right off. Bam, you're in.
On mine the cushion comes off all right - only two bolts. But then you also have to remove the "plate" underneath that. (This was the "folding" seat that folds over and down to make a cargo area)

The problem I had was that once those things were removed the seat frame was still there and made for some difficult contortions to get to and remove the brake - but the most difficult part was getting the new brake on and lined up to accept the bolts. And cleaning and inspecting the brake area and bolt holes was also difficult.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:05 AM   #19
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well it looks like it is my turn to replace the brake now, my RXV is refusing to move after the key is turned on, and there is a slight back and forth lurch, which I assume is the brake test failing.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:33 AM   #20
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a back seat, it is really easy to do the removal and install from the Drivers side of the wheel well. I have done multiple brake removals and even on carts without a back seat I simply raise the Drivers side , remove the wheel, unplug the wiring and remove the brake. Re-install is simply the reverse order. Using air tools I can do one in about 5 minutes now.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO