lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
cthizzle57
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 stock g29

hey guys, got a 2011 g29 gas and it doesn't seem to run good or as good as my 2005 g22. it smells really rich in gas, it sputters and the air filter is caked in oil and dirt. any thoughts on what to do? I cleaned off the air filter and same thing...runs like crap. I also am going to remove the vent box from behind the gas tank as 3 people have told me it was not needed...wanted to clarify that first with you all before I do. also how fast should it run stock (with the factory 8 crispy crème donut tires on it)? I have the governor set out about an inch and it just seems slow to me. any help would be appreciated.
cthizzle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 stock g29

If the air filter is oil soaked, it's trash. Oil in the filter housing can be caused be a faulty needle/float valve in the carb bowl. This has happened to me. Check the oil for gas contamination/increased oil level.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes! Yes! Yes! New needle valve! Put a new Qt of oil in it (1 Qt exactly), change the air filter. These 3 things will fix your problems. Don't buy a new (china) carb, spend $16 to fix your better OEM carb. The "newer style" G16 & newer airbox is a great design to "handle" bad running, worn out engines. The mark on the dipstick will be in the middle upon a fresh oil change. That's a good thing. Any reading near or above the full mark means fuel is getting in (by carb problems, or only super short trips every time).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
cthizzle57
Not Yet Wild

yes it is way over the full line on the oil. also how fast should they run stock? anythoughts on removing the fuel emmissions box?
cthizzle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #5
Mister Fister
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I know my 2011 G29 feels like it goes about 3mph. Very slow. Ill be getting hold of Plowman to see if he can help me out. I assume he is out of town since no one is answering the phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The mark on the dipstick will be in the middle upon a fresh oil change. That's a good thing. Any reading near or above the full mark means fuel is getting in (by carb problems, or only super short trips every time).
Can you please elaborate in this? I just did a fresh oil change last night. Even leaned the cart over with a high lift jack to get every drop out. I but exactly one quart of oil in and it is right at the MAX mark.
Mister Fister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Well, if yours is reading at the max mark, that's OK too. On my carts, I put a small punch mark at the spot on the stick where it reads after a fresh oil change. The indication of problems is when it reads above the mark where it usually is after a fresh oil change.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthizzle57 View Post
yes it is way over the full line on the oil. also how fast should they run stock? anythoughts on removing the fuel emmissions box?
Removing the evap canister will do you no benefit. They run about 13 from the factory, governor can be adjusted to about 19.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

or plowmans mods can get you to about 35 mph

icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthizzle57 View Post
Fix what's wrong, then worry about speed.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha