lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
kshart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 92 Club Car DS Noob Reno

Hello all, I have been trolling this site for a while trying to learn as much as I could before I bit the bullet on a starter yard/farm cart. I found a 1992 36v Club Car locally for basically free. The guy had played golf out of it 2-3 times per week and he says it just quit working one day. I researched the model and figured there could only be so many things wrong with it, so I went ahead and picked it up. It came with a charger, but the PO thought it may have been the problem and took it apart to try and fix it and never put it back together. It was in pretty rough shape after being out in the weather and I just chunked it.

My goal is to have a dependable cart to turkey hunt off of and drive around my property. I’d like to have a newer model and will probably fix this one up to flip, so I have done this remodel on a budget.

List of things that have been done so far:
- Thorough disassemble (including wiring) and cleaning
- Camo Paint Job
- DPI Charger
- 3” RHOX Lift with tires and rims from Jason’s
- ScottyB was kind enough to send me a v-glide, solenoid, resistor coil set-up, and f/r switch from his last reno to use since I wasn’t sure if all of the original parts from this cart would work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1001.jpg (219.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1004.jpg (218.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1266.JPG (120.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1267.JPG (105.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1268.JPG (113.7 KB, 0 views)
kshart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2017, 05:03 PM   #2
kshart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 92 Club Car DS Noob Reno

More Pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1269.JPG (113.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1270.JPG (116.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1323.JPG (123.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1324.JPG (106.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
kshart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Here is where my problem begins. I have re-installed all the wiring and parts using this diagram. I haven’t bought batteries yet because I figured I could get a little life out of the ones that came with the cart before I spent the money to buy new ones (I know, I’m a tight wad). I’m not sure what brand batteries these are, but the PO says they are about 3-4 years old. They all had good water and been supposedly kept charged frequently because the PO was playing golf regularly. I charged the batteries with the DPI on mode 2 (factory since I don’t know the manufacturer of the batteries) until fully charged and was going to take the cart out for a test spin. When I turned the key on and put it in F, it started rolling forward on its own. I hit the go pedal and it stopped. Also there was a pretty good amount of heat coming from the coils when in the forward position. As you know, I’m pretty new to the cart business, so I don’t know where to start looking but I can follow directions pretty well. I wired up everything by the diagram above all except I left off the reverse buzzer, the solenoid is upside down because the wire I had wasn’t long enough to go to the other side of it, and the A & S terminals on the motor I have are different.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1327.jpg (116.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1319.JPG (106.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1328.JPG (135.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1329.JPG (80.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

First of all, welcome to the site!

Good job so far, just one small mistake from your description.

The micro-switch inside the VGlide needs to be wired to the N.C. (Normally Closed) terminal.

If you wire it to the N.O. terminal by mistake, the Solenoid will turn ON as soon as You turn the Key switch ON and put the cart in Forward or Reverse.

That will send power to the white cable on the bottom of the VGlide as wells as all the resistor coils which will cause the heat and the slow speed motor movement.

When you press the pedal the micro-switch will then disengage and the cart will stop.

Just change that VGlide micro-switch connection to use the N.C. and the cart will run.

Since You are going to disconnect the pack negative to do that correction, make sure that when you put the cable back on the battery it goes first, put the charger wire goes second on top of the main lug.

I cannot see the positive cable connection on the bottom of the FNR but make sure the big cable lug is in direct contact with the FNR tab and the other small wires are on top of the big lug.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
kshart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Sergio, that fixed my problem. I had replaced the micro switch in the v-glide with a new one just in case the old one was bad. The new one only had 2 prongs. Put the old one in and it is firing like it's supposed to. I also put the cables back like you suggested. Thanks again for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car