lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2018, 10:54 AM   #1
Eddybud
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volt EZ GO golf cart basics

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 1999 EZ go electric golf cart that i only use a few times a year. Since this is my first cart i did not realize the amount of maintenance needed to keep those batteries at peak performance. I am starting all new with 6 brand new batteries so i was looking for some advice. I was going to buy 6 Crown CR-235 batteries and a Gen 4 DPI Accusense charger to keep the batteries charged up while the cart is just sitting for months at a time. I was wondering if you thought this was a good plan.Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.
Eddybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 36 volt EZ GO golf cart basics

That is a good plan for sure.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Since you don't use the cart much, I'd change the Gen-4 DPI to a Yewy Smart Charger. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/yewy-1...t-charger.html

The Gen-4 doesn't float charge while the Yewy does and float charging is the best way to prolong the lifespan of batteries that sit idle for more than a few days at a time.

My DPI is a Gen-3 that does float charge.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
Sideways
Gone Wild

Great plan! Make sure to contact the battery manufacturer and or DPI to determine what setting the charger needs to set at for maximum charging efficiency.
I would also suggest getting a state of charge meter to install on your cart (it's a gas gauge for your batteries) Check out the vendors that support this site, they have them and they are easy to install.

I have also included a state of charge chart.
Good luck and have fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (42.1 KB, 0 views)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

There’s some great information in the link above. Also check out the other tabs about battery info. Heck, browse the whole site and you’ll learn a lot about your cart and upgrading it.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:17 PM   #6
Eddybud
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybud View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 1999 EZ go electric golf cart that i only use a few times a year. Since this is my first cart i did not realize the amount of maintenance needed to keep those batteries at peak performance. I am starting all new with 6 brand new batteries so i was looking for some advice. I was going to buy 6 Crown CR-235 batteries and a Gen 4 DPI Accusense charger to keep the batteries charged up while the cart is just sitting for months at a time. I was wondering if you thought this was a good plan.Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

I emailed Scotty B who i know is very active on these pages and he said that my situation is the worst situation for battery life. I think i will move the cart closer to home so i can charge it more often and drive it occasionally. So given that change in my situation do you think the DPI Accusense charger GEN 4 is the way to go? Johnnie B stated that he has a DPI GEN 3 but those do not seem to be available any more. I guess what i am asking is what is the best charger to use if i plan on driving the cart for 10 minutes a month and keeping it hooked up to a charging system when i am not using it. Thanks again guys.
Eddybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:18 PM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Since you don't use the cart much, I'd change the Gen-4 DPI to a Yewy Smart Charger. http://www.cartsunlimited.net/yewy-1...t-charger.html

The Gen-4 doesn't float charge while the Yewy does and float charging is the best way to prolong the lifespan of batteries that sit idle for more than a few days at a time.
JohnnieB is quite knowledgeable and is correct about float charging. If the Gen-4 doesn't offer float charging and you are going to leave the cart for days at a time, go for the Yewy that does float charge.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO