lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 09 Rxv with Danaher

Hey guys,

I have an 09 rxv with Danaher controller. We were riding it and it seemed like the motor would cut out and we would coast, then we stopped and got out at our destination to come back out get in and try to drive it and it would not move. It was like the brake was engaged, I could only get it to roll after taking the brake loose, and had to tow it home.

I have a danaher handheld and with a fully charged battery I plugged it in and cannot get it to read error codes, or error history, its like it just hangs and never proceeds.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!
bryanwood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
RSSS1967
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 09 Rxv with Danaher -- Help!

do you have the app on your phone that is where my error codes show up
RSSS1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Start by cleaning (with baking soda & water) every bit of the wire harness you can get to in the battery compartment. Focusing on the wires that run back to the motor, and the wires that wrap around the front of the batteries. You are about to be shocked how much acid is on those wires. Thoroughly rinse with clean water. Put a fan near the cart to ensure some airflow and wait until everything is dry (could take a few hours). Try the handheld & try to drive again. If this solves the problems, know it's a temporary fix, as the damage is already extensive.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I rebuilt the cart 6 mo ago, and took the harness etc out and went over every inch of it, and I don't know that this is the issue. I am concerned it could be a bad speed sensor (still original) in the motor or a bad brake (which I replaced when I did the rebuild), but then when I hooked my handheld up and can't get the controller to give me any info after selecting different functions it makes me worry the controller is the issue?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I put a new motor brake on and that isn't it. When i press the pedal i feel the motor making noise and i think i hear it turning but the cart doesn't move. I know its not the rear end as the motor shaft moves as I turn the wheels...
Old 08-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #6
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Also when I flip the tow/run switch to tow and put the cart in Neutral via the key switch it cannot be moved, the brake seems to be engaged...
Old 08-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: 09 Rxv with Danaher

If you overtightened or didn't clean the area up correctly you'll end up with a frozen brake even with a new one. Also if you didn't get an OEM brake you're not going to be happy.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I was loose on the bolts and only tightened one basically to see if this was the issue, one other one was close on it, but not tight. I am concerned that the controller has failed, and will be running through the troubleshooting guide and measuring voltages/etc on each and every component to determine what it may be.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #9
bryanwood74
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone else have any input? Being that the brake is engaged even when in tow/n I am going to use the advanced troubleshooting guide to go through and measure voltages, and check resistance with my multi meter, etc.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #10
rib33024

Did you put the cart in TOW when you towed the cart home??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO