lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Re: Leaf Spring Bushing Question

You may want to take a look at dual action springs. They ride soft like stock springs until loaded and then the heavy leaf kicks in.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 06:09 PM   #12
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
You may want to take a look at dual action springs. They ride soft like stock springs until loaded and then the heavy leaf kicks in.
He's discussing bushings not leaf springs. Keep the focus on HIS question. Leaf spring can be discussesed in your thread.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #13
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Either bushings are wrong or springs are too worn where bushing goes to hold them snug.
New bushings that fit loose will not give ride improvement over current bushings most likely.

If you decide to replace rear leaf springs as I did may want to look at two leave deal action springs .
Did this on my 2012 txt with rear seat that rarely gets used, reason for duel action, Ride greatly improved over 3 leave’s for total cost just of 115.00.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #14
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Typically, the stock spring is a 2-leaf spring which work just fine for general use

If you have a cargo bed or a rear seat... or if you’re thinking that you might want to upgrade to one in the future... you’ll probably want at least a 3- leaf

That 603109 appears to be a 2 stage 3- leaf which means that it rides like a 2-leaf until you load it up... might be just what you’re after

Lots of springs on the market... you ought to be able to replace both of them for under $100... Check the site sponsors or use your Amazon Prime... it’s just springs

Or just run what you have... when I replace spring bushings, I grease up the components... keeps em from squeaking... a little slop won’t effect performance that much
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #15
BoDidly
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabearsc View Post
I purchased a rear leaf spring bushing set from Amazon (I know, I know - I had a gift card) and installed over the weekend. I noticed that the bushings that go into the rear end of the leaf spring (so lower hole in shackles) are a bit smaller than the hole in the leaf spring...

Surely this is what caused the ones I removed to be worn out on the inside hole quite considerably.

Did I get wrong parts?

Thanks
I've never been lucky enough to buy a cart with the bushings still intact .
Replaced with Amazon bushings with no noticeable space in between .
BoDidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:55 AM   #16
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
He's discussing bushings not leaf springs. Keep the focus on HIS question. Leaf spring can be discussesed in your thread.
It actually morphed into a spring issue apparently...thanks for the defense though, cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swm63 View Post
This sounds like what I'm going to want, thanks!
papabearsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:56 AM   #17
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolflt View Post
Typically, the stock spring is a 2-leaf spring which work just fine for general use

If you have a cargo bed or a rear seat... or if you’re thinking that you might want to upgrade to one in the future... you’ll probably want at least a 3- leaf

That 603109 appears to be a 2 stage 3- leaf which means that it rides like a 2-leaf until you load it up... might be just what you’re after

Lots of springs on the market... you ought to be able to replace both of them for under $100... Check the site sponsors or use your Amazon Prime... it’s just springs

Or just run what you have... when I replace spring bushings, I grease up the components... keeps em from squeaking... a little slop won’t effect performance that much
Thanks again Timberwolflt...I do have a seat, but rarely loaded down. I used a liberal amount of pure silicon grease like normally, just was shocked at the sloppiness of the bushing in the spring. I'm going to replace springs before they destroy another set of bushings.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:19 PM   #18
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Papa search my post as I did one a month or so ago on what spring kit part number, vendor,install and result experience when I switched to two leaf duel action springs on my cart.
May or may not be helpful.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #19
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Papa search my post as I did one a month or so ago on what spring kit part number, vendor,install and result experience when I switched to two leaf duel action springs on my cart.
May or may not be helpful.😊
Thanks, I ordered the duals from a site sponsor. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO