lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #1
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default 2006 36v series cart help

My MIL has a 2006 36v series cart that has been acting funny.

It started with some bucking and jerking then lost forward but still had reverse. I got the cart home, put it on the charger and looked if I could see anything obvious wrong. After it charged, I took it out to see what was wrong and had no issues. I went ahead and replaced the F&R assembly with a heavy duty new one.

I had no issues for about a month until this Saturday. I was moving her cart about 0.1 mile and backed it into her place. When I put it in forward to straightening it out the was no forward. Reverse still works but he motor has a grating sound when going backward. I moved the lever back and forth a few times but no forward motion.

I have a good charge on batteries, good selonoid click, everything looks good on the wires, pedal switch is good I have the manual and have started trouble shooting.

Is she looking at a new motor? What else can I check?

John
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 36v series cart help

John.....from your description, I would check a few things first.

#1. the grinding sound.....get some help, its easier with two people....put the cart in reverse (ensure there is no one or anything behind you just in case) if the cart has hub caps or even a cover over the rear axel nut, remove it. have the other person push on the "gas" slowly....while you are looking at the axel nut see if its spinning faster than the wheel.....try it in forward and look for the same thing. you may have a stripped hub, its a common EZGO problem....easily fixed with a new hub.

IF #1 is the issue, it may fix the other issue, if not.....

#2. the F&R has slotted holes where its mounted. it may by slightly misaligned, it happens and you only get one direction, check that out.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:27 AM   #3
Qman97
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2006 36v series cart help

Hey sir nuke

Appreciate the help and advice will check it out this weekend and see what is going on didn’t realize if it’s misaligned in the slots it could cause the forward reverse issue good info thank you !!
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO