lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
daroosta25
Gone Wild

Default Ezgo rxv Delta q (silver) charger

My charger blinks green like normal both on the cart and in the charger. However, it never shuts off to a solid green. Anybody know the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daroosta25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2019, 07:18 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo rxv Delta q (silver) charger

Those chargers were junk.
Have you put a meter on the batteries to see if it is charging? How old are the batteries?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #3
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

The standing joke is that those are "Disposable Charger". However sure sounds like battery issues. The HEALTH of the pack is of paramount importance. Cables, corrosion, water level, age, SP. are all factors, and 12vdc batteries just do not last, especially if neglected. On several RXV's, Battery #4 never got any water, as it hard as hell to get back there, so they needed to be replaced, also the positive post to Battery #4 seams to get heavy corrision.
Enjoy the ride
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

How long is "never"? How long have you allowed it to charge?
I would suggest first recording each batteries voltage & overall pack voltage (it would be great to see a number above 50v at this point), then plugging it back in and monitoring the voltage increase over the next several hours. If your first reading is below 50.0v, it could take many hours to get the voltage increase we need to see. I would be expecting a max voltage of 59-65v when the charger nears completion. If you do see a significant voltage rise while on charge, but your batteries won't push above about 58, there's no hope for them reaching 100% and allowing the charger to shut off normally. (That would indicate battery problems).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #5
daroosta25
Gone Wild

I charged over night probably 15 hours. Could it be the female side of the charge plug? Batteries are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daroosta25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

"Good" could mean anything. Care to post the numbers I mentioned? That way we can all collaborate on a solution. Or did the numbers you found not meet the ones I mentioned? You did do the tests I mentioned, right?

The lack of any results besides "they're good", leads me to speculate that maybe no further testing was done, just want a solution, with no further data. This happens to me a lot as a tech in this field, if I even lean towards battery tests/issues, people "clam up", because batteries are expensive.

I really need those peak on-charge voltages, or I can't do any more.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:39 PM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
"Good" could mean anything. Care to post the numbers I mentioned? That way we can all collaborate on a solution. Or did the numbers you found not meet the ones I mentioned? You did do the tests I mentioned, right?

The lack of any results besides "they're good", leads me to speculate that maybe no further testing was done, just want a solution, with no further data. This happens to me a lot as a tech in this field, if I even lean towards battery tests/issues, people "clam up", because batteries are expensive.

I really need those peak on-charge voltages, or I can't do any more.

all true. Cant be the batteries cuz those are pricey. 90 percent of the time...its the batteries
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO