lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
Bradcfromnc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Steering box issue

I have the marathon and the steering box is shot so im wondering has anyone swapped to a 01 and up txt steering assembly if so was it difficult and what needed to be changed? I see the txt setup is a whole lot cheaper
Bradcfromnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
jv4studio
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Steering box issue

Hi, I have a 2103 L6 that had a shot steering assembly. I decided to do it myself and was surprised how easy it was. Took about 2 hours. I didn't have to take off the front cover like some suggested. My cart spent much of its life on a ranch and was stored out in the elements so I was fearful the oxidation was going to make it harder. Pleasantly surprised! Good luck to you!
jv4studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
tpcrawford
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Steering box issue

I have a 1992 Marathon. I replaced the front end with parts from a 2010 TXT, including the rack and pinion unit. Almost a direct swap except the marathon leaf springs. The marathon leaf springs need to be taken off and a new hole drilled in them about 3/4" further forward than the present hole. Once new hole is in leaf springs, they can be reused.

Removing the Marathon standard steering components eliminates the majority of steering issues. The new steering setup is clean, easy and has very little play in it.

It's definitely doable, just take your time.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180227_192951.jpg (210.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180227_192935.jpg (195.8 KB, 0 views)
tpcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO