lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default ezgo smoking (blue)

Hello

I just took the 91 ezgo 295 robin for a spin for the first time today..
When I took it out I ran it for about 15 to 20 mins, And It was smoking blue smoke bad. What could that be??????? I also put 2qt. of 10/30 when I put new oil in it....Was that to much??

thanks Collin
frogger812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo smoking (blue)

1 1/2 quarts is MAX

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Do you think that's what's making it smoke??

PS muffler worked great thanks again
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey - That's you - You're welcome! Yes, if you put in 2 quarts, you are probably blowing oil right into the airbox and carb. Pull off your airbox cover and see how much oil is in there (there shouldn't be any). If you overfill the motor, oil will blow through the crankcase vent hose and drop in basically right into your carb. Let me know what you find...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Are you sure that it only take 1 1/2 qts. On the dip stick it takes 2 to put it on full, But it could be the wrong dip stick not sure
Old 03-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just found this on line Looks like 1 1/2 is right

OIL NOTE, 4-Cycle: Be careful not to overfill the oil in a 4-cycle engine. Excess oil will find its way into the air filter housing, soaking the filter and, eventually, getting into the combustion chamber causing smoky and uneven running of the engine, even fouling out spark plugs. Oil is the absolute lifeblood of any gasoline engine. If it is low or dirty or too old (thick & black when you look at it on the dipstick) make arrangements to have it changed soon. I cannot stress this too much. Even if the damage is not severe enough to kill the engine, rest assured that no good comes from this condition. Change oil at least once a year, more often if you use the car a lot, especially in dusty areas. Check the oil level every time you put fresh gas in the tank. When you change the oil in your 1992 & up Club Car (1992 to present) plan on changing the spin-off oil fliter too. The engine takes 38 oz. of oil with a filter change (32 oz. without). The earlier 341cc engine (1984 thru 1991) did not use an oil filter and it took 40 oz. of oil. E-Z-GO employs a reusable oil filter that can be cleaned, inspected and reused if in good condition. Be sure the sealing O-ring is not lost. The E-Z-GO 4-cycle 9 & 11 hp engines both take 1 1/2 quarts of oil to refill. Yamaha does not use any kind of oil filter at all. Just drain the oil and refill with 1 quart of oil.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Ezgo carts HATE being overfilled, if you dont drain it back to 1 1/2 you could ruin the rings.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
frogger812
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK I drained it out now and put 1 1/2 back in I'll drive it around to see if it stops smoking and let you guys know
Old 08-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
jts0155
Not Yet Wild

Well????
jts0155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #10
10w30dna
Not Yet Wild

I am very curious about the results also...I just bought a 98 TXT And it smokes at slow/steady speed.I took rocker cover off and adjusted valves and was amazed at how clean it is!Looks like it had great maintenance,or is recent rebuild.No sign of oil in air box.Should I drain oil and refill with 1 1/2 quarts to be sure?Oil looks new,so I not be changing filter.....maybe only 1 quart w/o filter?Thanks from a newbie to carts!
10w30dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO