lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo won`t stay running

Ok here`s the deal. I got and ezgo from a buddy not sure of the year( serial # 662004/ Manuf. code 91L03) but is wasn`t running when I got it took the carb apart cleaned it. Cleaned the reeds fliped them around to get another use out them. Put a fresh plug in it (not sure if its the right plug champion L87YC) but that what was in it. Some fresh gas and the thing fired right up. Ran great for acouple months and then one day it just started to run like crap. Would bogg down and will only fire once.As soon as you shut it off it has a hard time starting. Changed the fule filter pulled the carb back off and everything looked good. It does seem to blow alot of fuel out of the carb tho never relized that before wondering if that was normal or not. Gets great spark. The plug does not seem to get real wet tho wondering if you guys had any ideas. ALSO I COULD REALLY USE A MANUAL ON THE THING PLEASE..
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo won`t stay running

I'm not real quick on the 2 smokers but there are some excellent cart pro's here that will be by soon.. Be patient seein it's Christmas and all.... Just to start, what does the compression look like..?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineypowerwpww View Post
Ok here`s the deal. I got and ezgo from a buddy not sure of the year( serial # 662004/ Manuf. code 91L03) but is wasn`t running when I got it took the carb apart cleaned it. Cleaned the reeds fliped them around to get another use out them. Put a fresh plug in it (not sure if its the right plug champion L87YC) but that what was in it. Some fresh gas and the thing fired right up. Ran great for acouple months and then one day it just started to run like crap. Would bogg down and will only fire once.As soon as you shut it off it has a hard time starting. Changed the fule filter pulled the carb back off and everything looked good. It does seem to blow alot of fuel out of the carb tho never relized that before wondering if that was normal or not. Gets great spark. The plug does not seem to get real wet tho wondering if you guys had any ideas. ALSO I COULD REALLY USE A MANUAL ON THE THING PLEASE..
HUH, according to your manufactures code ,you have a 2003 which should be a 4 cycle kart, unless you read the number wrong. It sounds like your muffler is plugged up if in fact it is a 2 cycle engine. If so you will need to BBQ your muffler over a fire to burn the junk out of the inside. How about posting a picture of your cart and engine. So we can help you with this.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok here some pics.I was told it was an 86 I think can`t rember tho it definitelynot an 03.
The compression was around 160-170. Also what does bbq the exhaust do??? I mean I have never heard of anything like that before I never did this with any of my 2-stroke dirtbikes. Just wondering thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0022.jpg (86.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0023.jpg (94.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0024.jpg (94.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0025.jpg (97.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-26-2010, 02:11 AM   #5
catsnw
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

BBQing exhaust helps clean the carbon/oil/other bad stuff from the muffler. If it was never bbqed before try it. Its cool to watch if it starts shooting flames.
catsnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #6
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

well from the engine you have a 3pg 2 cycle and I would guess it is a 91. Not sure why your number is arranged that way, the letter should be first.like L0391, Oh well. yep I would do your muffler first, it's like sticking a potatoe up a car exhaust,it will run for a few min then choke it off
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

So what you can do is to loosen the bolts between the muffler and the pipe to create a inch gap and see if she runs. If so it is a blocked muffler and you should light a fire in your yard.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok guys thanks will try today in the blizzard we are having here in jersey. Slipping and sliding in the cart is always fun. Hope it works
Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

what about a manual anyone got a pdf one???? Got a question about the air screw on the carb I have it turned 2 1/2 turns out is that correct??
Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineypowerwpww View Post
what about a manual anyone got a pdf one???? Got a question about the air screw on the carb I have it turned 2 1/2 turns out is that correct??
Sorry I can't help with a 3PG manual, in fact I have never found a free download although you can fins them for sale at about $60. The air screw really only affects the low speed running so it is not that crucial however most advice is to wind it fully in and then unwind one and a half turns as a starting point. Then adjust half a turn at a time until you hit the sweet spot. For me 2 1/2 out worked out fine.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO