lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
jmoorer
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy Dead 2001 TXT

Cart was operating great until I hit a big hole in the road-it stopped running immediately. The batteries charge, and all accessories work (lights, backup beeper etc) but the cart will not run. The cart was towed with the run/two swithch in the run position (did't notice this until after the fact). I tried running the self diagonistic test, but this does not work (followed instructions posted on cover). Has anyone an idea of what the problem may be? I don't know how to test the solenoid, motor, or controller.
jmoorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Default Re: Dead 2001 TXT

How big was the whole? Did you check all the wires running to the motor?

Welcome to BGW!
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
jmoorer
Not Yet Wild

Yes! All wires are securely connected and no apparent problems were detected.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you getting a solenoid click when you try to go? Reason I ask is if the solenoid does not click the broken connection is in the solenoid activation circuit or battery connection.... If the solenoid does click the problem is in a motor cable or such...... but I fear your bigger problem may be the tow home without flipping the TOW switch... that can fry the motor and controller..... so get busy sorting this out
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Obviously the two are connected. The hole jarred something loose somewhere or some electronic unit broke. Problem is finding it. My brother in law is famous for saying "it is something simple" and that is probably true here. But finding the simple things are a lot harder than finding a major problem. You being there and me being here I have no idea on what to tell you and just wasted your time reading this post!
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas001 View Post
Obviously the two are connected. The hole jarred something loose somewhere or some electronic unit broke. Problem is finding it. My brother in law is famous for saying "it is something simple" and that is probably true here. But finding the simple things are a lot harder than finding a major problem. You being there and me being here I have no idea on what to tell you and just wasted your time reading this post!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #7
jmoorer
Not Yet Wild

Not getting a click when attempting to go!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Trace the activation circuit down...... once you get the solenoid to click we can see if the tow home did any damage?

TXT solenoid activation circuit
Power starts on the White wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
The red wire travels back through the loom to the Forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the Forward and Reverse switch.
the power then goes through a 4 pin Molex connector and travels to the "pedal Box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the Controller/F&R area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
trace the activation circuit down...... Once you get the solenoid to click we can see if the tow home did any damage?

Txt solenoid activation circuit
power starts on the white wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
the red wire travels back through the loom to the forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the forward and reverse switch.
The power then goes through a 4 pin molex connector and travels to the "pedal box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the controller/f&r area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.

this is why scottyb is the man!!!
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check under the passenger side frame, the activation circuit runs there to the key switch. My buddy hit a hole and smashed these wires on his cart once. It was pinched right behind the pasenger tire where it comes up towards the key switch. Good luck
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO