lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What can you tell me about this 2006 cart?

Well, I decided that I needed to "upgrade" from a 1983 EZGO cart. This might sound silly or even dumb but is it safe to assume that the cart is 36V? PDS? (Can't tell if there is a F/R lever in the pics)
It was a good enough deal that I came across with only a couple of minutes left. I wasn't able to ask questions before the auction ended so I would feel stupid asking the seller questions after the fact. I will be picking it up in a week or so. I got it for $1,100 so I felt that I couldn't go wrong. I plan on swapping out the cargo box for a rear seat.
I won an auction for this:
2006 EZGO GOLF CART W STEAL WORK BOX TOP REFURB 2008 with new batteries in 2008
"GREAT GOLF CART THAT WE BOUGHT REFURBISHED FROM A LOCAL EZGO DEALER. I THINK WE PAID $3700 TWO YEARS AGO. HE PUT NEW BATTERYS IN AT THE TIME. IT DOES HAS SOME MARKS BUT IS A VERY GOOD SOUND CART. THIS MUST BE PICKED UP IN LORAIN OHIO. IT IS A STEAL AND IS STORED IN A WARM GARAGE. THIS ONE COMES WITH A MAINTENANCE TYPE BACK. GREAT FOR HAULING TOOLS AND THE LIKE"
braxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: What can you tell me about this 2006 cart?

It's a 36v cart.
Based on the scuff pads on the floor it was an old golf cart before they put the box on.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
It's a 36v cart.
Based on the scuff pads on the floor it was an old golf cart before they put the box on.
Scuff pads?
i.e. a patch to cover up worn spots on the original floor?
Oh ya, thanks for confirming 36v.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxx View Post
Scuff pads?
i.e. a patch to cover up worn spots on the original floor?
Oh ya, thanks for confirming 36v.
It's called a soft swipe spike cleaner and fastens to the floor.
I see 2 of them in your cart and they look like this:

Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
It's called a soft swipe spike cleaner and fastens to the floor.
I see 2 of them in your cart and they look like this:
Hmm.. well then what did you mean by "Based on the scuff pads on the floor it was an old golf cart before they put the box on."

Thanks,
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Those are for cleaning your golf spikes when you get in the cart. It would never have these if it wasn't used for golf originally.
Probably came from Cardinal Creek Golf Club, there 2 of them, one in NY and one in IL.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
braxx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Those are for cleaning your golf spikes when you get in the cart. It would never have these if it wasn't used for golf originally.
Probably came from Cardinal Creek Golf Club, there 2 of them, one in NY and one in IL.
Oh, I see. Your saying it was used at a golf course befor it got the utility bed. I initially thought you were saying it was OLD as in used hard. You were just saying "old golf cart" as in "used at a golf course as a golf cart". LOL

Thank you..
Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxx View Post
Oh, I see. Your saying it was used at a golf course befor it got the utility bed. I initially thought you were saying it was OLD as in used hard. You were just saying "old golf cart" as in "used at a golf course as a golf cart". LOL

Thank you..
There's more truth to that than most folks realize... Most course carts catch the same amount of use and abuse as a rental car...

And we all know everyone treats a rental car as tenderly as their own set of wheels...
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: What can you tell me about this 2006 cart?

braxx that looks like an awesome deal. From pic 1 and 3 I call it a PDS model. If it does not have a Steep Hill 'chip' (a red wire jumper) get one for it because if you have are going down any hills it will limit the cart to 10 MPH (at least in our case) vs. 13 MPH with no chip or blank chip plus it will recharge your battery more too. A PDS will also have a TOW switch on the controller cover that you will see when you raise the seat. You can see the actual age of the batteries on the post when you get it. You could have paid $500 more and been OK based what we looked at last month. We paid $1600 for a very nice 2007 2 seater from a private CC. If I did not need to haul four I would prefer your box. We upgraded with lights and the second seat and bought the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 to keep the battery hot after the EZGO charger finishes and to the barnacles off the battery plates.

The owners manual, parts manual and repair manuals are at the bottom sticky.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
There's more truth to that than most folks realize... Most course carts catch the same amount of use and abuse as a rental car...
Good point. If course carts are used as much as they like they will get at least 36 holes a day.
Northern carts are less used because of the climate but could still have as many as 700 rounds on them in a couple of years while private carts can get as many as 150 rounds in the same scenario.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO