lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #31
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Multi Charger

Andy4639,
Is the charger still perfoming well? I just ordered one as the first step toward converting to 48v on my 89 Marathon. My 04 T-605s have hit the end of their life.
Now need the controller, solenoid and diode. I already have a D&D motor and HD F/R switch, 2 ga wires.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #32
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Mine is performing great. When first plugged in it jumps up to 10.2 amps and over the next few hours slowly goes down and then clicks over to 2 amps maintenance charge.

Seems to be running and charging fine - charges my pack to almost 53v and after sitting overnight unplugged pack is still at 52 - 52.2 volts. i can run almost 30-45 minutes before my pack voltage is "down" to what is considered 100% charge.
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #33
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Received my charger from Sams Club (ordered online). Using the clamps I did exactly what the instructions show. The charger does not start the charge cycle and stays in stand by mode "000". It recognizes that it is 36 volt etc. but when I push the rapid charge button it goes back to standby.

Tried it on a single 6 volt and it works just fine and as the instructions show. Any ideas???. Yes Key switch is in the off position.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #34
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Multi Charger

The clamps are not recommended by the instructions for anything over 12 volts. I would say that is the problem. Don't know since I'm not there for sure.
Mine have work fine with no problems. I plan to buy a few more next time I can find them.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 AM   #35
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Andy. I will direct wire and then post back. The clamps worked with 12 volt across two batteries so that is probably the problem.
Shipping from Sams Club online was not bad at all.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #36
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardLeg View Post
Mine is performing great. When first plugged in it jumps up to 10.2 amps and over the next few hours slowly goes down and then clicks over to 2 amps maintenance charge.

Seems to be running and charging fine - charges my pack to almost 53v and after sitting overnight unplugged pack is still at 52 - 52.2 volts. i can run almost 30-45 minutes before my pack voltage is "down" to what is considered 100% charge.
liz, i don't use the same charger, but my set is similar to yours. at first i thought something was wrong after i put in led voltmeter, but i guess not. in can run 2-3 days for short distances and am still up above 52. do you charge every night?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sams club
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO