lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
deerob243
Not Yet Wild

Default battery ?

great forum so i just bought this ezgo series cart first cart ive noticed after full charge im getting about an hour run time. i have checked batteries im getting
1-6.34
2-6.35
3-6.36
4-6.37
5-6.35
6-6.34
total=37.9
just wondering is it time for new batteres or am i ok maybe new cables.also noticed.
front rear
+ - - +
+ - - +
+ - + -
is this the right locations for the batteries thanks sorry for the long thread just trying to get ths sucker running right thanks.
deerob243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery ?

Check through the stickies at the top of the page for wiring diagrams. These should help! Honestly, you lost me with your " + - "! All the batteries should be connected in a " - to + " arrangement, starting with a negative connection to B- on the controller, going in series + to - until you reach the last connection, which should be a + and it goes to B+ on the controller.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
deerob243
Not Yet Wild

yeah looking down at the batteries the three batteries in front are in sequence.but the back three are not in sequence mixed up + and - not in the same sequence as the front just curious was this normal or not thanks i will check the wire diagram
Old 09-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
deerob243
Not Yet Wild

does voltage look right on fully charged batteries
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The + terminal on my front row of batteries face the front and face the rear on the rear row. The same as yours except for the bottom right on your depiction.

There are a lot of variables, but a one hour run time is low.

Attached is a Battery Voltage vs State of Charge chart. 37.9 is about 90% charged.
Was this voltage take right after the batteries came off charge or after several hours of rest? (When the charger turns off, the batteries have a "surface charge" that depletes rapidly, so to get a true reading, wait 6-12 hrs or drive a half mile or so.)

The sum of the 6 battery voltages exceeds the total voltage measurement, so I'd take a close look at the cables.

If you replace the cables go with closed end lugs that are shrink wrapped to keep the acid laden air out, 4 gauge or better and replace them all. (13 or 14 on a series cart)

If you get new batteries, charge them fully before use and they have to be broken in properly to get max capacity. Note: First charge will take a very long time, up to 16 hour or more, so keep an eye on the water level. Use distilled water only.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batterytable1118242f71.jpg (43.1 KB, 5 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
deerob243
Not Yet Wild

The batteries were checked after charging. There is a alltrax 400 controller on it and d&d motor but did notice 6ga wires I will change them out thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO