lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
OutCole'd
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ideas for Stereo System for 2007 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
I just installed an Elite dash in my Precedent and really like the fit and the placement of the speakers. You lose all the cubby space behind the dash, but the Elite dash does have a cubby compartment and an open tray on the top.

Here's mine. I removed the bottom cubby space and custom fabricated a switch plate and housing wrapped in carbon fiber. I also build some speaker pods to go behind the speakers because I wanted to give them a closed space for better sound instead of all the dead space behind the dash.
You are obviously compensating for being hung like a light switch.

Looks great buddy, I can't wait to "borrow" it this Summer.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #12
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutCole'd View Post
You are obviously compensating for being hung like a light switch
Not with my golf cart, but everything else I own has those implications.
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

I ordered the carbon. Now to select a radio W/CD player and speakers. I'm thinking a marine radio since my cart sits in the weather at the camp ground and some type of speakers that can handle moisture.
What kind of radio antenna are you guys using?

Chipster, nice job on building the switch plate and housing to fit that cubby space.

Ordered my fender flares too.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

"Marine" radio and speakers is the way to go. My antenna is equal to this one which is mounted horizontally behind the dash:

Amazon.com: Boss MRANT12 Marine Dipole Hideaway Antenna (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Boss MRANT12 Marine Dipole Hideaway Antenna (Black): Electronics

That's a real nice looking dash you got coming, the "Elite" ...got me thinking about changing, but the one for the DS doesn't look that good.

And you'll enjoy those fender flares, just mounted mine last night...
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #15
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
I ordered the carbon.
Chipster, nice job on building the switch plate and housing to fit that cubby space.
Thanks. The face of the switch plate was used from the old cubby tray so it matches the rest of the dash. Carbon would have been my second choice but since my car was going to have silver on it I went with silver.

Don't be discouraged when you open the box and the dash seems very thin and flimsy, once you install the dash it becomes very rigid

With respect to the antenna, I wasn't going to use one. My radio has a USB connector for my iPod and if I run my iPhone it will control Pandora from my iPhone. Although a radio might not be bad....
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
lowkota11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Chipster,

What did you make the cubby hole mounting plate out of? Really like the way you have kept things clean and well laid out. Thanks for any info.
lowkota11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkota11 View Post
Chipster,

What did you make the cubby hole mounting plate out of? Really like the way you have kept things clean and well laid out. Thanks for any info.
Thanks. I removed the existing cubby hole/box and cut it up to make the face place. I then constructed a new box out of MDF and used the faceplate I created on the new box.

The one thing I didn't like was the fact that the faceplate was curved on the sides. I just didn't look like it fit right so I tossed it and fabricated a completely new faceplate out of 1/8" MDF then painted it with the "hammered" silver paint. Here's a pic of the old faceplate being glued to some MDF, the box I constructed the old faceplate (you can see the rounded sides and finally the new faceplate made from MDF then painted with the hammered silver paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG3505.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3508.jpg (141.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3511.jpg (121.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3586.jpg (115.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #18
lowkota11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Excellent Craftsmanship and job well done. Very jealous. One other thing, what material and procedure did you use behind the dash? The part that holds your power converter and accessory wires. Thanks a bunch
lowkota11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkota11 View Post
Excellent Craftsmanship and job well done. Very jealous. One other thing, what material and procedure did you use behind the dash? The part that holds your power converter and accessory wires. Thanks a bunch
Thanks! I used MDF. Appreciate your comments about the work. I made most of these parts 2-3 times because I didn't like the way they fit, looked or the function. Drove my girlfriend nuts because she kept saying, it's good enough. The irony is that most of this stuff won't be seen
Pics below:
Cardboard template for MDF
MDF piece cut - First generation. i didn't like the fit and made another one
Wiring on the underside of the MDF
Wiring behind the dash. Most of this is under the MDF. The yellow and black wires were cleaned up on final assembly.
Wiring in to fuse/power distribution block
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG3472.jpg (193.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3494.jpg (193.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3557.jpg (120.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3559.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3570.jpg (185.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster27 View Post
Thanks. The face of the switch plate was used from the old cubby tray so it matches the rest of the dash. Carbon would have been my second choice but since my car was going to have silver on it I went with silver.

Don't be discouraged when you open the box and the dash seems very thin and flimsy, once you install the dash it becomes very rigid

With respect to the antenna, I wasn't going to use one. My radio has a USB connector for my iPod and if I run my iPhone it will control Pandora from my iPhone. Although a radio might not be bad....
Got all the "Stuff" in. The dash came with no instructions. Did yours?
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, radio, stereo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car