lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default How to check a solenoid to see if its bad??

How do i check a solenoid to see if its bad? i have a multimeter, i just need to know what i am i looking for. resistance or voltage or something else i do not know i looked around but couldn't find a think how would i test to see if its bad or not thanks
1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: How to check a solenoid to see if its bad??

do you have it hooked up?...easiest way is just jump the 2 large terminals and turn key on put in gear hit pedal see if it activates if it does its bad......you can test with a meter it still needs to be hooked up......pos probe of meter on one small post where power comes in and neg probe on the other than turn key on put in gear and hit pedal you should get battery voltage ( 36 volts ) if solenoid does not energize its bad....if you don,t read voltage need to find out why ( bad microswitch ?) ( bad or broken wire ) ..................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i have checked the 2 micro switches and they are good and i have attempted to check all the wires but i didnt know if i should do anything before that, when i get the new cables i will hook everything up and get back to you, thank you for all your time so far i really appreciate it
Old 06-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I tested the solenoid and it was around 36.1-36.6, that isnt the problem i guess maybe it is the power leaving it but i would like to check the moter to see if its good
Old 06-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
I tested the solenoid and it was around 36.1-36.6, that isnt the problem i guess maybe it is the power leaving it but i would like to check the moter to see if its good
So you have 36.6 volts leaving the solenoid or just to it?
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

i dont know the person said to measure the 2 little terminals and i did and got 36.6v
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car