lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

I think this is more true about almost everything now a days: the newer it is the more throw away and just buy new it becomes.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2007, 07:30 PM   #12
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Gawd! I hate their website! Couldn't get most of it to work. :(
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:32 PM   #13
club car man
Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty
There you have it. Yami can't even get a WEBSITE to work right, let alone a cart.
club car man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #14
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by club car man
Quote:
There you have it. Yami can't even get a WEBSITE to work right, let alone a cart.
Matt, you should write Yamaha and tell them all about it and then tell how you run out of lotion every Sat. and can't keep a roll of paper towels for more than a day.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #15
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by club car man
Quote:
Matt, you should write Yamaha and tell them all about it and then tell how you run out of lotion every Sat. and can't keep a roll of paper towels for more than a day.
I called Yamaha and started chewing the guy out for copying the Precedent, and 30 minutes later we were good pals. If it wasn't such long distance, I'd call him again.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #16
2stroke
Gone Wild

ugly..ugh
2stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #17
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I just now remembered this thread, and I emailed Yamaha and got a bunch of literature on the Drive. It doesn't seem all that impressive to me. (I'm not saying this because I'm a Club Car fan>>>) But Club Car had every feature on that thing in fall of 2003 when the Precedent was released.

Yamaha claims to have the "largest, most powerful engine" but that is false info! They have the LARGEST in a regular cart, but not the most powerful. Their 357cc 357F makes 11.4hp. Club Car's Kawasaki 351cc FE350 makes 11.5hp.

Yamaha did do a good job on the dash, it seems pretty functional and easy to use. Although, I could see it being a bit intrusive.

The brakes seem promising. Considering I despise doing brake jobs, that new EnduraDrive transaxle with the brakes built in looks good to me. Let's just hope it holds up.

If one thing on that car would be its downfall, I'm going to say it's its front suspension. The Tru Trak that came out in 2003 on the G22 was a pretty weak setup. I have saw carts that have hit parking stops and it mangled it up pretty badly. The Tru Trak II on the Drive uses smaller control arms yet, but hopefully the geometry is figured good enough for strength.

If I come across one to drive, I'll take it for a spin and see how it stacks up.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #18
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default Re: The New Yamaha

they picked out the stupid stuff and made a link to it like the aluminum pedals there was no point to them
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #19
bigdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I'm new at this whole golf cart world and I just have a few questions for experts. I'm planning to buy a new/used electric golf cart for personal use very soon.

I heard from a friend that club car happened to be the "best" brand between ezgo and yamaha. How do you define best? At the yamaha website, they boast how they were the 2006 golf car company of the year so I would assume that yamaha is the best brand. And is there any particular reason why ezgo happens to not compare as favorably to yamaha and club car? Please provide some reasons!

Also how do the starting prices compare between a new electric club car precedent and a new electric yamaha drive? Are they both around $5000?

Thanks
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:17 PM   #20
roady89
nimda
Club Car

In my opinion; When you start comparing they are about the same. They all have their strong points and weak points. You need to ask yourself some questions (I'm sure others will add to this list)

How is it going to be used? Do you want to customize it with lifts/tires/wheels...etc...You need to look at prices of those products so you will know how much its going to add to the cost of your cart. All depends on what YOU want and how much you want to spend.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha