lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 3 wire voltage reducer with pics

I got this to run lights and ipod amp for now. It will used to down size 48v ( 6 -8v). My question is the wiring configuration..
1. red and black to main batt pack. but will have a targa switch or flip switch as shown in line with red wire in the directions
2. yellow wire to fuse block red wire
3. black neg. from lights and ipod amp to batt. pack neg???? or any battery???
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 3 wire voltage reducer with pics

Yellow wire would be your 12v positive and they are saying to use the negative off of the pack. That does not look right to me but it is the way it reads.

The schematic also shows a ground wire running off the pack negative to the cart which I don't think is correct either.

I have a convertor and it has both 12v positive and negative wires coming out of it.

Hopefully some of the gurus will chime in soon on this....... I would not hook this up without more info!
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah I know not to ground to the cart. the pic in the auction showed a +/ - coming out the reducer but this is what I got. where does your neg of the reducer go? I've searched this topic and never really saw anything as far as a diagram I could understand. Most were trying to run it off the key switch or solenoid
Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My 48 -> converter uses a common negative for 48 volts and 12 volts. It has a separate positive for 48 volts and 12 volts, and a "remote" wire, which powers up the unit when it sees 48 v positive.

Without the "remote" wire, a relay may be needed, as the key switch may not be rated for the current the converter uses.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

have any pics? I wasnt going to use my switch to power it.. if I didnt have to. just a toggle switch in between the red wire. I got one not in use.. thanks for the input
Old 01-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

>>>
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy_hd View Post
have any pics? I wasnt going to use my switch to power it.. if I didnt have to. just a toggle switch in between the red wire. I got one not in use.. thanks for the input
I got pics, but I'm not sure if they would help you. A toggle switch should work fine. I'd hook the negative to battery negative, and to a fuse block, assuming it has a negative bus. All 12 volt loads will use this negative. Hook the load positives to the converter 12 volt positive. Connect the converter's battery positive to your switch, then to your pack positive.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I got pics, but I'm not sure if they would help you. A toggle switch should work fine. I'd hook the negative to battery negative, and to a fuse block, assuming it has a negative bus. All 12 volt loads will use this negative. Hook the load positives to the converter 12 volt positive. Connect the converter's battery positive to your switch, then to your pack positive.
no neg bus on fuse block. by load positive are you speaking of the accessories?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you have no negative bus on the fuse block, simply connect the negative from the accessories (load) to either the converter negative, ot the battery negative.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok. That's what I was thinking. Didn't want to fry me or anything else in the process. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO