lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
Plt1984
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 resistor cart upgrade… thoughts?

Just picked up a 36v resistor cart, runs fine, needs batteries, never had a club car with resistor. I’m gonna have to buy batteries for it so just wanted some info if there is something I should do to upgrade while I’m at it? I don’t wanna drop 2k on ac kits and all that, just a neighborhood cruiser, probably will never see a lift kit or anything worse than a dirt road. Just thinking of moving into 21 century…
Plt1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 94 resistor cart upgrade… thoughts?

You have to decide how far you want to go with upgrades. I would consider a solid state controller and maybe go with 48 Volts since you need batteries anyway.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This cart is designed for golf. Drive 300 yards then rest (cool) and repeat. IF that suits your use then the resistor set up should be fine. For everything else there is solid state conversion in series or sepex drive.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:43 PM   #4
Plt1984
Not Yet Wild

Just curious, what kind of money we talking here? i bought this cart cheap and was just gonna use it for my kids to ride on and at the campground, this makes me think flip and put more $$ into my txt?? I think I could get my hands on an 01 ds for about $800
Maybe could do some part swaps
Old 04-27-2022, 01:03 PM   #5
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

just as a FYI, Scottyb helped me upgrade my totally stock 1994 club car ds resistor cart... He's a good resource... :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:15 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Most folks here are quite into upgrading most, if not everything about carts. Kinda like going to a speed shop with a stock v6 mustang that isn’t running quite right, and while you just drive it to the grocery store and work, you’ve entered a realm of performance enthusiasts that want you to swap in a blown V8 However what you want to do with it really depends on your use and expectations for the cart. You’ve been pretty clear about your expectations of performance and use for the cart. Campground, neighborhood. No off road, no lift. Just generally putting around for fun.

The old resistor design is pretty robust and while it’s not gonna break any land speed records or tow a large load, and if you WANT performance there is t really much you can do short of fitting it and replacing with solid state electronics, it works just fine for cruising around. If you’re running full throttle (around 12-14mph) the resistors are bypassed anyway so there’s no heat accumulation any more than you’d have on any other cart. These carts prefer to be run full pedal or no pedal anyway.

I’d just get some new batteries for it if that’s what it needs, and let the kids have fun
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 04:51 PM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Most folks here are quite into upgrading most, if not everything about carts. Kinda like going to a speed shop with a stock v6 mustang that isn’t running quite right, and while you just drive it to the grocery store and work, you’ve entered a realm of performance enthusiasts that want you to swap in a blown V8
I'd never drive a V6-let alone a Ford (oops-that was supposed to be an internal thought)!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:03 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I'd never drive a V6-let alone a Ford (oops-that was supposed to be an internal thought)!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:48 PM   #9
Plt1984
Not Yet Wild

You guys are great
Love reading the post and I love the honesty
I wish I could drop navitas and lithium in everything but I’m just a pour ol country boy tinkering in a shed ha
Old 06-26-2022, 12:20 PM   #10
Reuter5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

We purchased a 99 36V CC DS resistor cart about 3 years ago. After burning up 2 v-glides we spent the money and upgraded to 48V with an Alltrax controller. The controller upgrade package was roughly around $900 through Scotty B's Carts Unlimited. We purchased the C42 package(36V now and 48V later). This year we upgraded to new batteries and did the 48V conversion. It has been well worth it! Scotty B is a wealth of information and the conversion is pretty easy. With an extra set of hands it takes roughly half a day.
Reuter5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car