lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
o4mustang70
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie First Post 1988 Marathon won't go

Hi there. First time cart owner with my first problem. I bought my daughter a 1988 Marathon. I don't know anything about electric carts. Cart ran fine all summer but just a few days ago the cart would not go in reverse. No problem we will just push it out of the garage. Well now I have a sporatic problem of it not going into forward. It seems to click when the pedal is depressed but im not sure. Im sure im leaving out some pertinent info but I can supply it if needed. Thanks in advance. Help is appreciated.
o4mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Newbie First Post 1988 Marathon won't go

to BGW

Since it first started off not going in reverse, I would lean towards the F/R switch...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
o4mustang70
Not Yet Wild

thanks for responding. Is the FR switch something you clean or do you just replace it? Im going to pull it apart this afternoon and see whats up with it. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

Welcome to BGW!

Is your cart a resistor cart or a controller cart? A resistor cart will have a box with three large coils, either in the back on the driver side of the motor, or in a box in the center in front of the motor. A controller cart won't have the coils.

You can remove the F/R switch and clean up the contacts.

Since you're new to the forum, I don't think you can post photos until you've got 5 or 10 posts under your belt. Once you get over that hump, post some photos of the area under the seat to help everyone figure out what type of cart you have.

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
o4mustang70
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for the feed back. Ill check for coils and post some pics when I can Thanks again
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
o4mustang70
Not Yet Wild

I cleaned the contacts in the fr switch and still know reverse. I really don't know what im looking at but I don't see many coils by the motor. I took the motor cover off and theres a round coil type of device but theres a rectangular type control device also. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics up soon. What should I look for next to solve my no reverse problem
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

try tightening the 9/16ths center pivot shaft nut on the rear side of the F&R. Make it a little hard to shift & see if that don't fix yer problem
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO