lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2014, 10:27 AM   #11
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: PDS beeps and motor stops the cart.

so i pulled the chip out and its still doing the same, if you drive it slow and let off the throttle it doesnt do it but if you get up to a higher speed right as you about to stop it beeps and motor stops the cart. i have no clue what it could be, i know there is a sound coming from one brake, i need to take that hub off and clean and adjust that brake, ive already did the other side, could this cause the cart to do that.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #12
Geko45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a similar problem with my older PDS once. It would happen at speed, but it would suddenly beep and bring the cart to a stop. It was the 'roll away' prevention feature kicking in (which is present in any mode). Turned out I had an intermittent connection in the solenoid and the controller thought the cart was rolling away without power. Not exactly the same symptoms as yours, but for me the solution was a new solenoid (but you said you already have a new one).
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #13
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Im pretty sure it is the roll away prevention kicking in. It beeps anywhere from 3 to 7 times when its stopping. I have 2 carts and i will try to switch solenoids to see if it fixes the issue
Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
nope. i called an ezgo tech and he told me with the pds's you shouldnt let off the throttle and coast to a stop, thats the same as towing it in run.
Time to find a new ezgo tech, lol.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

EZGO should give the person answering the phone a little more technical training.
Coasting to a stop in any PDS mode is not the same as towing/pushing the cart.

If the Run/Tow switch is in the Run position, the pedal is up and the motor is at zero RPM, moving it in either direction faster than 2MPH on stock height tires, will put the controller in an emergency stop mode. (Max Regen braking and the beeper beeping rapidly.)

Coasting to a stop and coasting in general is a normal part of cart operation.

If the cart exceed the maximum allowable speed for the PDS mode it is in, whether coasting or with pedal depressed while going downhill, Regen braking will occur and will vary in strength as needed to maintain the max allowable speed, but no beeping will occur.

The controller will also go into an emergency stop mode if any of the control signals going to it is interrupted, even for a fraction of a second.

You can emulate this condition by turning key off while moving or by placing F/R is neutral while moving.

Sounds like you have a loose/bad connection or control wire, which may be moving around more when you stop from higher speeds.
A momentary loss of voltage on any of the wires highlighted in red, will cause the symptoms you describe.

BTW: Pulling the mode chip out of J2 and flipping Run/Tow to Tow and back, puts the controller into the All-Terrain (AKA Golf) mode, which has a max speed of about 13MPH and no regen braking. See second attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #16
Geko45
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
A momentary loss of voltage on any of the wires highlighted in red, will cause the symptoms you describe.
Man, I wish I had seen that diagram when I was having my problems. Would have saved me a lot of time!

Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #17
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Well, I was going around my neighborhood hood testing when the cart suddenly stopped and beeped once. I fooled around with the throttle and key and managed to get it restarted and drove it home. Does this mean there is a short on the system? I am suspecting the run/tow maintenance switch, as this was disconnected when I got the cart and I remember thinking that was strange........
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:18 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Have to love those ghosts.. Could be bad Ign switch and you replaced the foot micro correct ? Also could be the Run/Tow switch or connections

And I guess we just jacked the mans thread..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #19
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Woops! Sorry, thought I was in my post! Please forgive me! didn't mean to hi jack!
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
chriskent85
Gone Wild

no biggie. I adjusted the brakes and same thing, i guess ill start taking parts from my other 09 pds and see what fixes it. gonna start with controller. Would not having the resistor on the solenoid cause this issue. somehow sending juice back to the controller and making it think that is rolling away? It only does it when the solenoid clicks again as it is stopping. if the wheels are turning real slow when the solenoid clicks it doesnt kick in, but if the wheels are still turning fast when the solenoid clicks off is when it goes crazy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO