lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #31
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alignment Idiot Award - I Deserve It

Now I'm hanging waiting for the answer lol.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #32
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thinking back, I don't remember doing anything similar to that mechanically.

But to tell the truth, I really don't remember anything bad or embarrassing that happened before yesterday.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:37 AM   #33
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Now I'm hanging waiting for the answer lol.
It won't be long. Would never leave you hanging.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #34
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Thinking back, I don't remember doing anything similar to that mechanically.

But to tell the truth, I really don't remember anything bad or embarrassing that happened before yesterday.

I get really excited when Amazon packages arrive because I forget what I've ordered. It's like Christmas every time the UPS truck rolls up.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:28 PM   #35
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post

I get really excited when Amazon packages arrive because I forget what I've ordered. It's like Christmas every time the UPS truck rolls up.
Yesterday, Fedex handed me a large, heavy box from the back of his truck. I was all excited until I saw it was the case of toilet paper I bought two days earlier.

Well, at least it is still available on line!
Old 12-02-2020, 11:31 PM   #36
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Yesterday, Fedex handed me a large, heavy box from the back of his truck. I was all excited until I saw it was the case of toilet paper I bought two days earlier.

Well, at least it is still available on line!

Too funny! I don't think that delivery is anything to worry about...... unless you ordered another case today!
Old 12-03-2020, 06:19 PM   #37
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Too funny! I don't think that delivery is anything to worry about...... unless you ordered another case today!
Old 12-03-2020, 06:22 PM   #38
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:58 AM   #39
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

I installed the new steering assembly but now I have two issues.

1. I followed the instructions to remove the bolt on the upper universal joint (UJ). I had to turn the steering wheel all the way to the right because the bolt head faces to the inside. That seemed odd to me.

Then, I removed the steering assembly with the UJ still attached per instructions (In retrospect I should have just removed the lower bolt at the steering assembly?)

On the bench I removed the UJ off the old steering assembly, lined up the splines and installed the new assembly. Tightened the bolt finger tight.

I could not get the UJ pushed back onto the steering shaft while the steering assembly was attached. I needed 3 hands.

Ended up taking the UJ off, attaching it to the steering shaft and then placing it on the steering assembly.

Here's the problem:
When I removed the upper bolt from the UJ I THINK the "tab" on the steering shaft was up higher than it is now and was seated between the "folds" of the upper UJ. Sorry, I don't know correct terminology to use. Hope you can it in the photo.

Is there a trick to getting the upper UJ down lower so the metal tab is in the correct place or do I have it installed correctly?

2. With the new steering assembly installed, if I turn the UJ by hand I can align the tie rod ends perfectly over both holes of the spindle. The tie rod ends are turned on the same number of turns. HOWEVER, now my steering wheel is at about 3 o'clock to the right rather than straight up.

Do you think my uneven tie rod end problem and toe in problem has really been a steering wheel problem this whole time??? Or, did I make a mistake installing the steering assembly?? LOL

If you tell me to remove the steering wheel I might hit myself in the head with a hammer. It's my luck it's stuck like glue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steering 2.jpg (216.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2020, 02:44 AM   #40
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Remove the steering wheel. I can lend you a bigger hammer if you need it. (for your head, not the steering wheel)

Just Joking.

just trying to get my head round this issue. I cant answer your question regarding the position of the UJ on the column, as i usually fiddle the rack off the bottom of the UJ and it can only go back on one way as far as i recall. Its been a few months since i did it as i have been on furlough and isolating. I am trying to remember what shape the column end is, Is it square? If so pull it off and turn the wheel the 1/4 turn you need. If it is keyed and can only go on one way then its a case of pulling the steering wheel off and relocating it.I have never had to do this i must say. If you do, the screws that hold the centre cap on the steering wheel, will need a thinned down socket to get into the bolt hole. I have one i ground down to fit, not to remove the wheel, just to replace the plastic centre.

Looking hard at your picture, i gotta say the column does look like it may be square. I cant look at one at the moment as i am still off work.

Just to add, with all the parts you have replaced, as is exactly how i would do it, the steering wheel always perfectly centres. Never had one yet that did not. So it tends to point to the UJ, fitted 1/4 turn off. I just dont know if that is possible, but worth checking.

[ EDIT ]

I just had a look at the tech manual and it sure looks like the bottom of the column is square, so maybe thats the issue. Maybe the steering wheel turned while you were fitting the rack.

So maybe just pull the rack again, make sure the wheels and rack are centred, then line up the steering wheel and see if the UJ and column now line up., i dont know if the notch is relevant, i doubt it somehow as it is not referred to in the manual?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, camber, tires, toein
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car