lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

Cool info. Beats the zip tie of the governor arm method. Thanks for the bump. Copied and pasted into my notes. Awesome!
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
SCRAP
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for this info, this will be my first mod.

-SS
SCRAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
yankee dog
Not Yet Wild

OK, gonna give this a bump and then ask, is this mod kid freindly? What I mean is, I assume the engine has to be turned off before switching to reverse from forward or vice-versa? If so, not sure if I can trust the kids to do this. Not sure if it would do any gear crunching say switching from reverse to forward with the engine still running. Thanks, great mod. YD
yankee dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee dog View Post
OK, gonna give this a bump and then ask, is this mod kid freindly? What I mean is, I assume the engine has to be turned off before switching to reverse from forward or vice-versa? If so, not sure if I can trust the kids to do this. Not sure if it would do any gear crunching say switching from reverse to forward with the engine still running. Thanks, great mod. YD
Well... if your kids are mod friendly, you'll be fine!

The engine WILL shut down when moving the shifter from forward to reverse and vice versa.
(depending on how fast you shift... it will shut down in neutral, do to the microswitches)
And no... you don't have to turn the key off before changing gears!

BUT... if the cart is moving a little, there may be some "gear crunching"
so, make sure the kids are aware that they have to be at a complete stop before changing gears!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I tried it on my 90 but couldnt get it to idle just right without moving. I would have to get thet spring in the drive clutch so it wont engage
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #16
yankee dog
Not Yet Wild

OK, thanks, that was what I needed to know. I think that will work out just fine. Gonna give it a try. YD
yankee dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #17
shaneberg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

black had similar problem but when i adjusted the accelerator cable for low speed control then i was able to get the throttle on the carb to touch idle screw now works good
shaneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneberg View Post
black had similar problem but when i adjusted the accelerator cable for low speed control then i was able to get the throttle on the carb to touch idle screw now works good
I also held the throttle back to touch the idle stop to try to get it to idle very low as not to engage the clutch. Now I didnt play with it for a long time, but I did make a lil effort to get it to work. I think I just need to mess with it a lil more to get it perfect but I got lazy and said to *&^% itg
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
stangcrzy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for posting this. Did it to my precedent and works great. I have the 200RPM spring to install this weekend. I decided to disable the switch that makes it cut of when switching gears. Love it, no more stopping and starting.
stangcrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #20
Keeter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Anyone ever try hooking up a toggle switch to this wire to change back and forth. I like the pedal to shut off the engine but at times would want the motor to keep running so I could leave the headlights on.
Keeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idle, idle fix, idle mod
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car