lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
ventps
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation FE290 Carburetor

I am looking for carbureuter settings for FE290 Club car. Some postings on this site refers to 2 turns out of the air screw but I still experience the car backfiring and thus assume that excess fuel is the problem. Any ideas or suggestions?
ventps is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: FE290 Carburetor

could be valves need adjusted.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
ventps
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Tom, valves were adjusted. The backfiring main occur on restart which leads me to believe that when i slow down and free for the last couple of revs the engine gets excess fuel.
Do you have a proven method of setting the carb and is the air screw the only adjustment that can be made?
ventps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you need to make sure the butterfly is closing all the way at the same time your letting off the gas pedal and you can do that by adjusting the screw at the carb butterfly........................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
Dick Watson.com
Not Yet Wild

Gents, Having some carb issues myself. Have worked on all sorts of internal combus equip, however I have inherited sort of a basket case 95 club car with the fe 290 engine. Not knowing what is suppose to be there and only assuming certain basic engine stuff, does the carb throttle shaft have an actual butterfly afixed to it, or just slightly wide flat shaft running vertically aprox 3/8" wide? Thanks for the input.
Dick Watson.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #6
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Watson.com View Post
Gents, Having some carb issues myself. Have worked on all sorts of internal combus equip, however I have inherited sort of a basket case 95 club car with the fe 290 engine. Not knowing what is suppose to be there and only assuming certain basic engine stuff, does the carb throttle shaft have an actual butterfly afixed to it, or just slightly wide flat shaft running vertically aprox 3/8" wide? Thanks for the input.
Butterfly. You can pull the intake air hose to verify this. There have been some reported instances of the butterfly "wings " breaking off the shaft and being ingested. Never seen it myself but I wouldn't doubt the wisdom and experience of the posters on this site.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Here's a somewhat exploded view:
it doesn't show the butterfly, but, it's there!

pretty standard stuff!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
98kicker
Getting Wild
Club Car

Came upon this problem my self and the butterfly wasnt closing all the way kitted the carb after a good cleaning and she runs like a champ and i only went 1 3/4 turns out not the full 2
98kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
Dick Watson.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the sketch. I have chased around the internet looking for a explosion diagram showing the throttle/butterfly, finally have looked at photos of new carbs and all show the butterfly. This carb did not have one and surprised me due to every small engine of every type I have wrenched has had a butterfly of some sort. In checking part prices I see the throttle/butterfly is quick expensive of I just ordered a replacement carb, might swap parts around using the original equip carb body and the newer jets and parts that are apparently missing. Thanks again for your quick response and will keep informed. Thanks again, RCW
Dick Watson.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
98kicker
Getting Wild
Club Car

If you havent already ordered one ill sell you a working used one
98kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car