lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #41
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Chasin' my tail! can anyone help??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Gorno is right. Using car batteries will never get you the performance of 6 cart batteries. Car batteries being drained and charged like that you will be lucky to get 6-12 months. Where as the cart batteries you will get a stronger pulling cart, longer run times and the batteries usually last around 5 years. I know it's not an expense any one likes paying but do it right the first time and reap the benefits. It will make a night and day difference. As for the kegorator why not just hit up some local classifieds and grab a cheap small generator. Few years back my father bought one from harbor freight for dirt cheap and it's still running for him. And I might steal your kegarator on a trailer idea (insert generic evil laugh here). Good luck and glad it's running now.
Not arguing the which is better scenario, I understand which is better. My question was if there were adverse effects to the cart. If I buy some time with deep cycle rv batteries I already have, why not if it doesn't hurt anything?
As for the kegerator, I have one of those Honda eu2000 generators, but I appreciate the relative silence of the electric cart... But that certainly is an option huh?? :-)

Thanks for the input guys!!
bphillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #42
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Ok sorry for derailing from your main question. No car batteries will not harm your cart in any way. I've done it plenty of times to get a cart into the shop. I hear ya on the silent part and if you are going to hook up your kegarator to it all I'd recommend and 36 volt to 12 volt converter so it pulls from all the batteries equally instead of just one or two. It will drain those ones faster and your pack will suffer for it.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #43
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Keep in mind that some controllers do not have low voltage cut off protection. The lower the voltage the higher the amperage draw. The car batteries get to a low-voltage situation much faster than golf cart batteries.
Running the cart in a low-voltage situation will produce additional heat stress on the motor and control.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #44
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Excellent info! Thank you!
bphillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car