lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post DUMAS award nominee… myself

Do they give out “Dumas” awards? I have this ability to get excited about new “toy” installs and fail to stop when I do something stupid. Case in point, new LED tail lights and LED license plate frame, all wired up license plate install and wanted to see what it would look like….. So I reach up and turn pull the light switch, everything in the back looks great, but what happened to head lights???? OK, no worries, must be a failed product, I have another set of head lights, swapped them out… pulled the light switch, again flash and then poof blew the darn head lights again…. Looked down, the cart is still plugged into the charger and charging… “DUMAS”… unplug the charger, swap the headlight bulbs again and pull the switch… darn if the headlights work as required and I have pretty LED tail lights and license plate frame…

Lesson learned, don’t pull the light switch with charger plugged in, it will blow my HID 9004 headlights…

oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DUMAS award nominee… myself

As long as you learn from ur mistakes, it's all cool......:)
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Not to worry your not the only recipient of the not so coveted award. I have a few framed in my shop just to remind me.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
El Camino
Gone Wild
Club Car

Glad you posted that, I never thought about it, but yeah it make sense. Now I hope I can remember it.
El Camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Look at it like this,You figured it out.How embarrassing would it be to mess with it for a day,give up,take it to a dealer,or have somone else find the problem by just walking in your garage and seeing the charger on?Mark it up as a DUH! Moment,we all have em'You are right though,they should offer a "DUMAS-Award" for those "Special-Moments",I'd have a shelf-full!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm in the club as well. As they say, we learn more from making mistakes..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I accidently wired my lights to 48 volts.....P*O*O*F went my headlights
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

My Dad asked me to look at a 3-wheeler ATV that he was going to sell,the carb was acting-up(it was mint,all original).I pulled the starter-rope,it fired,Wide-Open,IN-GEAR!!!took off across the yard,I had an old truck hood leaned against some stuff,it used that as a ramp,went 15ft in the air,and crash-landed 50ft. from where it started,TOTALLED!!!We start dragging it back to the shop,my Dad is bent,all of a sudden he says" It got some good air didn't it??!!!"We almost wet our pants laughing,I looked at him and said "Good thing the guy sold you a parts-bike too!" AWARD-NOMINEE!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
My Dad asked me to look at a 3-wheeler ATV that he was going to sell,the carb was acting-up(it was mint,all original).I pulled the starter-rope,it fired,Wide-Open,IN-GEAR!!!took off across the yard,I had an old truck hood leaned against some stuff,it used that as a ramp,went 15ft in the air,and crash-landed 50ft. from where it started,TOTALLED!!!We start dragging it back to the shop,my Dad is bent,all of a sudden he says" It got some good air didn't it??!!!"We almost wet our pants laughing,I looked at him and said "Good thing the guy sold you a parts-bike too!" AWARD-NOMINEE!!!
Now this is got to be the funniest posting I have read! I remember them saying those 3 wheelers were dangerous, but wow!
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post Re: DUMAS award nominee… myself

I have to confess my “turbo boost” set up worked… one time, I think I over did it. 48V CC with its standard 48V battery pack, then to add an addition 36V… gee that equals 84V… wire the extra 36 through a switch to go straight to the motor, it was good in theory on the first and only run. Maxed out the 48V in the first 1/8 mile, flipped the switch, kicked it up in the front, blazing along zoom, zoom… went to secure the extra batteries to slow down… The switch had internal melt down, no shut off for the extra 36V, about 25 feet later it “self destructed”… CO2 bottles were needed, entire rear section melted to one large plastic lump, toasted the rear axle… but you know it was a fun experiment. We all have many other construction tales, things that work and those that didn’t…
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car