lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Navitas 5K 600 AMP AC conversion

Just looking for some real world speed numbers before I spend $1800. I've seen places advertising speeds up to 35 MPH with the Navitas AC conversion. It always scares me when the say "up to", it leaves a lot of room for debate. You can see my current performance in my signature but tell me what you're getting on your setup. I've seen some results with taller tires which will affect top speed. My tires are just over stock height at 18-1/4" to 18-1/2" depending on inflation.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2021, 10:51 AM   #2
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas 5K 600 AMP AC conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
Just looking for some real world speed numbers before I spend $1800. I've seen places advertising speeds up to 35 MPH with the Navitas AC conversion. It always scares me when the say "up to", it leaves a lot of room for debate. You can see my current performance in my signature but tell me what you're getting on your setup. I've seen some results with taller tires which will affect top speed. My tires are just over stock height at 18-1/4" to 18-1/2" depending on inflation.
See this thread: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178084

I posted up information there.

On 48VDC nominal lead acid you can hit 35mph.

On 80VDC (fully charged) with a BMS and battery that can handle 300a constant current and max burst of 500a for 60s lithium you can hit 50mph.

Safe max RPM is 9000 but, some of the crazy speed seekers run higher max RPM but, you will need to be in the 72VDC nominal range to do it and on lithium.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Navitas 5K 600 AMP AC conversion

Okay I just got my Navitas 5K 600 amp AC conversion installed over the weekend and have to say it was a pretty easy install. Since I was going from what was originally a 36 volt series cart to this conversion, I had to get a stock TXT48 main wiring harness 625805 from Country Cat. Watched a YouTube video on how to remove some of the unused wires from it which went well. Now that everything was installed it was time for a test drive. Topped out at 25MPH so you I was disappointed but patience prevailed. I read where you can get the dealer app which is no longer called the dealer app, it's now at the bottom of the settings menu and is called advanced called so you have to call where you bought the system from or to Navitas at 844 576 2499 to get access. But you're not done yet! Make your adjustments and take the the cart out for another test run. Still not happy? Call Navitas again or email them and ask for tech support. This company has the best tech support on planet earth! They actually call you back very soon! More companies should follow their lead. Dave helped me make adjustments in my app and got me to a satisfying 32MPH. At this point the only thing holding me back from more speed is larger tires (currently have 18.5' diameter tires) and my wife. This conversion has great torque and acceptable speed for me (right now). A great BIG thanks to Plum Quick, FSIP, Country Cat, Navitas and all the YouTubers (most of the videos were well done) out there for a successful project.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO