lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A better way to 48V?

Bluechip,
Put the wanted ads out there, where the chargers are. I just picked up an older yamaha 48v on craig'slist for $175. I just need to change the plug and go. You need to find out from gornoman or someone what chargers will work for your cart (OBC?) and start searching. Don't worry about the plug as plug changes are easy. good luck!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #22
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasetim View Post
pggroves.. can you get parts for the delta-q chargers yet? I was just wondering if you have to replace the entire charger when one part goes out..
A valid question. And an answer I do not have for you.

However, since this charger is fully sealed and microprocessor controlled, what parts do you think would need replacing? If anything, you'd likely be replacing board(s) versus parts.

I like the smart technology to maintain the pack, the robust environmental package, and the small footprint (11 x 9.7 x 4.3”) for ease in on board mounting.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #23
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
However, since this charger is fully sealed and microprocessor controlled
That's my point, when those boards go out, will they cost as much as a charger?

It's similar to my uncle's old business, he was a t.v. repairman. The old t.v.'s you paid about $10 for a part and him $40 to fix, and you were done.. The new T.V.'s you buy a new t.v...

So, I'm wondering the same with these delta q chargers.... the lester chargers can usually be repaired for under $100 in parts, and the transformer rarely goes out. I've maybe seen 3 go out in less than 10 years.

I've seen a lot of different chargers lately(to be fair, not delta q). However, when they fail, finding parts, or service manuals on them is impossible, they are a disposable charger.

I have 3 delta-q's in stock, and they are closer to the quality of a lester charger than the others out there. I haven't had any troubles yet with a delta, I'm just wondering what will happen when I do. I'm not opposed to change and new technology, I just haven't fully "signed up" yet :-)...
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM   #24
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

You can buy 48 volt charger's with whatever end you need. They make this one that I like and it's not that expensive.

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...H0891-113.html
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That looks like a good charger. How experience do you have with using them?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #26
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
You can buy 48 volt charger's with whatever end you need. They make this one that I like and it's not that expensive.
Is the charging cycle a little slow with only 15amps incoming?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO