lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #1
Eldon3232
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2015 Bad Boy Ambush IS Speed Modifications

I am looking into speeding up my ambush gas mode. Currently it is running 26 MPH in electric mode and a disappointing 20 MPH in gas at 3400 RPM. It has a Schafer/Dana H-12 FNR rear end with 14.36:1 ratio and after countless hours of research, I found a set of 10.15:1 gears for it. This should get me to 26-30 MPH without over reving the motor.

Has anyone attempted this or have you had any issues with regen limits? I’m not sure if the electric motor has a preset speed sensor that would engage regen to slow its speed. It does have a regen low, high and off selector switch but curious if off position will keep it off at speeds over preset limit.

Can the controller on electric side be programed to a higher speed limit? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Eldon3232 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac regen, dana h-12 fnr, gears, subaru
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO