lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 YDRE Brake not holding - Pedal Replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclontz View Post
Right now , I cant remember, but I believe you can use a "electric" pedal assembly on an electric or gas car, but only an electric one (JW2) on an electric car. The "shaft" end is specific to the potentiometer for the electric. The Ebay ad say's JW1 witch is for a gas model. Sorry.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
You don't need the whole pedal assembly. Who ever was adjusting the brakes did it wrong and it wore that riveted piece out. Drill the rivets and put a new piece in, its easy really. Yes you have to make the piece. Sure beats a new pedal for just that piece. Id buy a new brake cable as the one you have is more than likely all stretched out due to bad mechanics. Rule of thumb, don't adjust the cable.
Sir, I try not to correct BGW members, but anyone that has ever taken apart a Team pedal assembly will tell you it is not as "simple" as drilling out the rivets. It is not "easy"
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #13
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Sir, I try not to correct BGW members, but anyone that has ever taken apart a Team pedal assembly will tell you it is not as "simple" as drilling out the rivets. It is not "easy"

My answer are from experience, Ive done it and it wasn't an issue. Granted ive been working on golf cars for a long time and most of the work I find easy. For a never done it before individual, yeah, it may not be easy. The pedal group comes out easy though, its not hard.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #14
cclontz
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone tell me the correct length for the brake cable. When I look around for the YDRE brake cable (JW2-F6341-20-00) I find them from 39 1/4 to 39 3/4. Maybe that's no big deal. Also most of them have photos that do not look like the double-nut end that goes over the pedal. Some do look like they have the double or locking nut. Some have a rubber boot and some do not. I'm just trying to make sure I get the right replacement. As for drilling out the rivets, I've done that plenty of times but not on carts. I assume I will drill them out and bolt the new DIY plate through the pedal assembly after removing it.

And thanks for all the great support!!
cclontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclontz View Post
Can anyone tell me the correct length for the brake cable. When I look around for the YDRE brake cable (JW2-F6341-20-00) I find them from 39 1/4 to 39 3/4. Maybe that's no big deal. Also most of them have photos that do not look like the double-nut end that goes over the pedal. Some do look like they have the double or locking nut. Some have a rubber boot and some do not. I'm just trying to make sure I get the right replacement. As for drilling out the rivets, I've done that plenty of times but not on carts. I assume I will drill them out and bolt the new DIY plate through the pedal assembly after removing it.

And thanks for all the great support!!

I don't know how long the brake cable is, but they came out with a new cable that has the boot on it and its a thicker cable now.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #16
cclontz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I don't know how long the brake cable is, but they came out with a new cable that has the boot on it and its a thicker cable now.
That helps. Thank you.
cclontz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, g29, pedal, ydre
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha