lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Precedent XCT48400 Alltrax install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.
oh yea, don't take my comments wrong BTW, really they cost a lot I'd just want to be safe, I bet they will not allow that type installation but you're right their design may be ok with that being just 400 amps.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 AM   #12
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
oh yea, don't take my comments wrong BTW, really they cost a lot I'd just want to be safe, I bet they will not allow that type installation but you're right their design may be ok with that being just 400 amps.
Alltrax said it's perfectly fine to mount it on spacers. On the old DCX 500 amp controllers they had to be mounted on spacers also for the same reason. These controllers have a large footprint. The larger 500 amp xct controllers come with a cooling fan mounted on them. It can be added to the 400 amp also but doesn't come with it.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:33 AM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Alltrax said it's perfectly fine to mount it on spacers. On the old DCX 500 amp controllers they had to be mounted on spacers also for the same reason. These controllers have a large footprint. The larger 500 amp xct controllers come with a cooling fan mounted on them. It can be added to the 400 amp also but doesn't come with it.
If the manufacturer said that then no worries, probably a good idea to get the fan if you do use it heavy enough, they do get hot when put under heavy loads. The DCX 500 I had said it had to be mounted to the plate for cooling otherwise they wouldn't warranty it.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #14
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
If the manufacturer said that then no worries, probably a good idea to get the fan if you do use it heavy enough, they do get hot when put under heavy loads. The DCX 500 I had said it had to be mounted to the plate for cooling otherwise they wouldn't warranty it.
How did you mount it on a Precedent? Have any pictures of it mounted?

Also, I've had several warranty issues with Alltrax and have never been asked how it was mounted. They are a good company to deal with.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:41 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Alltrax uses a plastic 'flex-mount' for this control. Heat transfer is not an issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT-ADAPTER-MNT3.jpg (67.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #16
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Alltrax uses a plastic 'flex-mount' for this control. Heat transfer is not an issue.
I completely forgot about that. Good point.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is a completely different design from the 15 yr old DCX design. Comparing this control to the DCX is like comparing your iphone to your grampa's flip phone -
Your install is looking good. I saw it put in 90º to yours also. Be sure to cycle the throttle several times with the LED lighted up* so the control can memorize your MCOR signal and adapt. ..tell us about performance when you can.

* you can do this with the motor disconnected or with the cart running. But it will take several 0-100% pedal stokes for the control to adapt and the cart may be jerky until the control is done calibrating.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #18
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is a completely different design from the 15 yr old DCX design. Comparing this control to the DCX is like comparing your iphone to your grampa's flip phone -
Your install is looking good. I saw it put in 90º to yours also...tell us about performance when you can.
I have only run it on jack stands so far but I was impressed and surprised with the throttle response. I'm used to the old DCX and MCOR issues. This cart is straight from a course and has been beat to heck but the throttle is smooth as silk with this control. I can't wait to drop it down and take it for a ride.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have only run it on jack stands so far but I was impressed and surprised with the throttle response. I'm used to the old DCX and MCOR issues. This cart is straight from a course and has been beat to heck but the throttle is smooth as silk with this control. I can't wait to drop it down and take it for a ride.
I have 2 test rigs with this control. One PDS and one IQ. The IQ is actually the smoother of the 2 and that is a surprise!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #20
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good deal on the mounting, with limited space this is also a bonus.
this is where I mounted the DCX just for FYI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140531_094612.jpg (179.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car