lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #31
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: In Dash Stereo Alternative

Just got an old transformer with an end to fit the amp, cut the wire off and put some in connectors on it. You can also get those power leads from Radio Shack or other sources.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #32
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I didn't get any AC adapter with mine (same one CheapJeep2 posted above). I just ran 12v to it from a fuse box I installed under the dash (which was also good for headlights, taillights, & a 12v outlet).
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #33
kinder
Getting Wild

Club Car

I did the same on mine. The amps are inexpensive on ebay and work great. I found brand new speakers at the swap meet that look like KC off road lights and they sound great.
kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #34
chadwick65
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I do not know much about electrica, so please further explain how I can get power into the ac outlet on the amp.and them i assume I would have 2 wires postive and neg to run to my battery. Will the amp turn off when the key is off. BTW I have a 2006 ezgo txt gas model.. I just dont understand how to get power to the oulet in the back of the amp??
chadwick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Heres a thread where I asked the same question & got some help hooking it all up Chadwick.
I installed a fuse block that goes on & off with the key switch.

BTW, the amp is DC, not AC.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #36
kinder
Getting Wild

Club Car

Radio shack sells the adaptor and plug that goes to the amp. The jack is similiar to the jack on most lap top computers and other electronics. I took the amp in and the knew what I needed.
kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #37
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick65 View Post
Ok so I do not know much about electrica, so please further explain how I can get power into the ac outlet on the amp.and them i assume I would have 2 wires postive and neg to run to my battery. Will the amp turn off when the key is off. BTW I have a 2006 ezgo txt gas model.. I just dont understand how to get power to the oulet in the back of the amp??
Please don't take this the wrong way, but it may be best if you have someone that knows a bit about wiring and electronics help you get started. But let me try to help some more.

1st, As indicated above you are using the wrong terms, this is a DC amplifier, Anything that plugs into an outlet with a box (like a cell phone power adapter/charger, laptop, etc) is DC. Those black boxes are step down transformers and covert 120v AC to a DC voltage and amperage (varies depending on the application).

2nd, If you have a box of old stuff laying around like I did, you may have a power cord/transformer that has an plug that will work on the amp. I happen to have one, so I cut the cable off of the transformer.

3rd, I know that you have a gas ezgo so you are going to have a 12v battery, but am including more information for those that may be doing this with an electric. Electric Cart: If you have a voltage reducer like I do, you can hook the wires up to our positive and negative output of the reducer, if not, and you have an ezgo, then you will need to jump across to batteries to get your 12v, since the batteries are 6v. If this is a 48v club car with 8 volt batteries, do not hook anything up with out getting a reducer first as the 8 volts from one battery will be to low and the 16v from two batteries will be too much and damage the amp.

4th. My amp is under my seat. So to Solve this problem, I have the amp's power switch set to on and put another switch in the middle of one of the leads of the power cable.

The center lead on the power cord is the positive. So you will need to identify which wire matches the center pin. Pretty easy if you have a volt meter or a continuity tester.

See the pictures they may help...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3519.jpg (59.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3521.jpg (88.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3522.jpg (94.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3523.jpg (98.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3525.jpg (34.6 KB, 48 views)
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #38
skm2006
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here's my in dash stereo system. It was easy and not expensive. I have build pics in my profile.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dash.jpg (43.7 KB, 63 views)
skm2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #39
ARBCART
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/S...radio-pkg.html
Shark amp and speakers work great and easy to take with you.
ARBCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #40
Txluke
Not Yet Wild

Just build an ice chest radio. I have one and I love it. I take it everywhere I go. I put it in a tube and float the river with it even. The forum at motorboatyourself.com is dedicated to building your own. There are hundreds of us that make our own and will be willing to help anyone out that wants to make one.
Txluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car