lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 3 Beeps and now cart won't run

Greetings ! I have an EZGO 2003 PDS with almost new batteries and stock controller with no added lights or accessories (yet).

I bought the cart a couple of months ago and it would at times, beep 3 times and come to a rapid stop. Turning it off and then back on would restart the cart with no apparent problems.

This week the cart ran fine and then we tried to use it and the cart would not move at all. The batteries are reading 38.4 and the reverse beep works. It will not move at all. I do not hear a click on the controller but to be honest, I don't remember if it clicked when it was running properly.

I took the controller cover off and it looked like a new controller, no dust and no evidence of any problems, no loose connections or wires.

I am trying to attach pics of the controller in case that may be a clue to the problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I am kinda new to this debugging thing so I may need the beginner version of what to check or test with a multimeter.

Thanks in advance !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2760.JPG (93.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2759.JPG (116.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2761.JPG (101.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2764.JPG (99.9 KB, 0 views)
bdsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 3 Beeps and now cart won't run

Sounds like the solenoid is not clicking. It won't run if the solenoid doesn't click. Could be a bad switch in the pedal or a bad solenoid.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #3
rib33024

Could be your reed switch. . Check for battery pack volt on the small red/white wire coming out of the back side of the charger plug on the cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys....will check the red/white wires. But what caused the 3 beeps initially ?
How do I check the solenoid ?
Old 06-25-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Try putting it in diagnostic mode and see what beeps you get. Key switch off, run/tow switch in run, flip the FnR switch from N to R 5 times then back to N. Should beep 4 times to tell you it is in freedom mode because of the red jumper wires.. Now try it and listen for the error codes. Chart is on the controller cover.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Why don't you have a diode on the small contacts on the solenoid?
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Why don't you have a diode on the small contacts on the solenoid?
Don't know.....didn't notice and am new to this
Old 06-25-2016, 09:35 AM   #8
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Try putting it in diagnostic mode and see what beeps you get. Key switch off, run/tow switch in run, flip the FnR switch from N to R 5 times then back to N. Should beep 4 times to tell you it is in freedom mode because of the red jumper wires.. Now try it and listen for the error codes. Chart is on the controller cover.
Thanks, will give it a shot.....my fear is the sound I will get is laughter and a voice saying "you are screwed !!"
Old 06-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #9
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks KGSC, for the diagnostic test suggestion. I was able to get it into diagnostic mode and thankfully instead of laughter I got one beep-two beeps which indicates: Throttle fault - symptoms=solenoid clicks, will not run. - Correction Required = Replace/adjust pedal box, harness.

So......guess I have to figure out the pedal box issue now. Glad to know it may not be the controller.

Anyone with suggestions on this ? Thanks !
Attached Images
File Type: gif pds-code-chart.gif (41.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There should be a harness coming out of the back of the pedal box with a red, green, black and white. The red and greens are the throttle switch but if the solenoid is clicking then it is working. White and black are the throttle sensor. Chase these wires and make sure all the connections are good.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO