lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Just showing her off.

Welp, I picked up my first cart and I've already started purchasing things for her...

This is what it looks like now:

My wife wants it to be Lime green and Navy blue so I performed this rather poor photo shop just to get an idea.... (I'm color blind so if this isn't right o well):

Its a 2000 TXT PDS, has 2016 Trojans in it. Unfortunately the last owner did something that caused 3 of the batteries to be missing there screw posts, and they put actual clamp on style battery terminals on them. All of the voltages measure out good and the cart runs fine.

Has a Jakes Drop spindles and rear shackles.

Future plans? Idk, I really wanted a 48v cart so I am considering just doing a bare minimum amount of things to this cart and then selling it, however with the batts only being a year old... it may be that I wind up just keeping it.

So far I've bought it a front windshield, and a few parts that just needed replaced such as the headlight switch, a new ignition switch, and a tire. I am looking for a rear seat back and seat bottom it has the frame and everything is in good condition but its missing the seats. It also needs HD Rear leafs.

I would also like to replace the battery cables down to 2ga, but this part is on hold until I figure out what I'm doing.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just showing her off.

My son's color blind, but I really like the green. I'm an engineer, so my wife picks most colors, but I wouldn't like the blue on mine. However, your wife may like it, and that's what counts. Men make it go fast and add "necessary" features, while my wife will pick our ultimate color.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anybody have a diagram of how the 4 blade ignition switch wires up. My cart came with a "quick fix for lost key" flip switch as an ignition switch. I've already ordered a 4 blade switch and will wire it up when it gets in.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
AtlantaVIP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cart looks awesome!!!

I love my PDS so far and have spent a pretty penny upgrading it!
AtlantaVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #5
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

You can thank your mom for color blindness. It's passed on by women and only men can be color blind (rare in women due to their 2 pairs of chromosomes. If they are "color blind, the other pair of chromosomes correct the color blindness. Men only have one pair of chromosomes, so we get screwed.). I too am color blind (didn't find out until I went take my aviation medical exam a year ago and I'm 36).

Convert what you have now to 48v.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
jwhranger
Gone Wild

I'm converting mine to 48 volts, PDS cart. Go to cartsunlimited and look at the upgrade options on your controller. You will not regret 48 volt upgrade with the alltrax scotty sells for your cart. The controller will run off of 36 or 48 volts so you can get some use out of those batteries and upgrade in the future. The power increase even at 36 volts is worth it.
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:20 PM   #7
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone.

So far I only have a couple of questions. I couldn't find a wiring diagram of the 4 blade key switch. Perhaps I didn't need a 4 blade, but it said that if you have a light kit then you do? Anyone know?

Also, The small red/white wire that comes off the charging plug's reed switch is unplugged on my cart. I know where it plugs into on the controller thanks to the wiring guides on this forum. What does it do? The charger works fine, all the batteries charge up great.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #8
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Never mind that last part. I've done some digging on here and found out exactly what the reed switch does. Sounds like mine is likely bad and has been bypassed.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Regarding the ignition switch: Carts with factory installed lights came with the 4 blade key switch. Battery voltage goes to it and also 12v. So the key positions are: off, on and on with lights. After market light kits don't use the key switch generally. If the cart didn't have factory lights the wiring harness for it wouldn't be there either. (although never say never). A small fuse panel mounted inside the battery compartment on the drivers side rear wheel splash guard is another indication of factory installed lights.

Also, in case you were not aware, all EZGO keys for the TXTs are the same. Depending on your situation a toggle switch may be all you need. Unique keyed switches are available and some people get creative with kill switches and such.

I found this diagram in my stash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg key switch and soc meter wiring.jpg (120.2 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:23 AM   #10
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

I am using a unique key 3 position switch on my PDS. Position 1 is off, 2 is on, 3 is on with lights/aux.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROUND-KEY-IG...ZUniR8&vxp=mtr
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO