lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2021, 06:02 AM   #81
grantspec
Getting Wild

Default Re: Grantspec’s Yamaha G9 Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Veasey View Post
Great looking G9 build, I just picked one up late last year and after piecing it back together from all of the loose parts I've been driving it around the neighborhood with the wife and dog and loving it. My wife saw the pictures of yours in this thread and told me to make ours look like that so that's all the approval I need.
If you posted it I apologize but what is that blue? Given that its a Yamaha I was planning on re-spraying mine in their cobalt blue (taken from their bikes) and maybe get fancy with the white speed blocks.

Thank you! The color is ultra blue pearl and the paint I used was summit racing brand single stage paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2021, 06:52 PM   #82
Afeezey
Not Yet Wild

I have a g9 also I'm about to do the same thing but I have 22" tires. You think one less inch would clear?
Afeezey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:59 AM   #83
grantspec
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afeezey View Post
I have a g9 also I'm about to do the same thing but I have 22" tires. You think one less inch would clear?

My 23” tires clear with mild trimming. You will need stiffer rear springs if you plan to run a rear seat or the tires will rub.

Old 06-23-2021, 09:44 PM   #84
eph78
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Awesome build!!!!

I really like what you did with it. I have some 23" tires coming for my G2. They are turf tires. I hope they don't rub. I will get those springs also! Keep up the good work!
eph78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:24 AM   #85
fade route
Not Yet Wild

Hey Grant what headlight/ taillight kit are you using?
fade route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:37 AM   #86
grantspec
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade route View Post
Hey Grant what headlight/ taillight kit are you using?

I got the headlight/tail light kit from buggies unlimited and then swapped the halogen headlights for some LED units off of eBay.

Old 07-22-2021, 06:38 AM   #87
grantspec
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by eph78 View Post
Awesome build!!!!

I really like what you did with it. I have some 23" tires coming for my G2. They are turf tires. I hope they don't rub. I will get those springs also! Keep up the good work!

Thank you! You may need to trim the rocker panel and slash guard on the front of the wheel well.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:11 PM   #88
grantspec
Getting Wild

Default Grantspec’s Yamaha G9 Rebuild

Update: my cart is still running fantastic. I recently rebuilt the starter generator with new brush pack and it whines slightly… anyone else experience this?

I also noticed that the forward left motor mount on the swing arm side cracked and broke free. I will need to do some disassembly, and likely remove the engine to re weld it correctly. Will document with pics for this thread when I do so.

Also, I am still looking to purchase these bumper pieces in decent condition… does anyone have some they are willing to part with?

Old 09-22-2022, 02:18 PM   #89
AEmedic
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantspec View Post
Also, I am still looking to purchase these bumper pieces in decent condition… does anyone have some they are willing to part with?

In the near future, I will be pulling the front of mine apart to install a Jakes LT kit. If you are still looking for them, maybe I can set you up.
AEmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:38 AM   #90
grantspec
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
In the near future, I will be pulling the front of mine apart to install a Jakes LT kit. If you are still looking for them, maybe I can set you up.

Hey very interested. I sent you a pm. Please let me know when you install your Jake’s kit I’d be interested in the parts. Thank you!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha