lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Gone Wild
Club Car

Cool G9 project

Just got the cart today for 500 bucks, had to get carb clearner to get to test drive but it drove well enough i bought it. Did the tune up and starts up great and drives excellent. Few questions however, does anyone know where to get new bodies for my cart? Also, if you guys have any ideas on what i should do let me know but here are my plans.

Lift kit
Light kit
New body
Fix broken welds
Grind down all rust spots and repaint
Winch
New seats

Also when running a winch could i get a deep cycle battery to help keep the battery from dieing out so fast?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0187.jpg (37.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0185.jpg (42.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0189.jpg (36.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0190.jpg (41.3 KB, 40 views)
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 project

Check with one of our sponsors about a new body. I'm sure they help. You can also search out ebay. You got a good deal on that cart. After you lift it, get the spring/spacer torque kit. G9's are very good carts.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #3
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

looks like a good start.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #4
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah i was looking at the torque kit, should i get the clutch machined as well? The cart's governer is completely removed, should i buy the governer spring that keeps the governer but still adds some speed. Also i checked with ebay for a body and there was nothing. Any idea which sponsor might have some bodies?
Old 04-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

If the governor is missing, just bypass it (run the pedal cable directly to the carb. and do away with the smaller cable that came off the governor if it is still there). You'll have to adjust the cable at the carb. and possibly at the pedal so the throttle completely opens and closes with the pedal. I would just go with the spring/spacer only kit. Personally, I have not noticed any difference with a machined sheave running off road. For the body, talk to Tom at Cart Parts Plus, he may have a suggestion. I figured you might find one on ebay. Put a wanted ad here in our for sale section for one. I'm sure someone around here has one laying around. Craig TN (member) deals with a lot of Yamaha's and may have one.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Spriddle, The governer is already bypassed(thats the way it came). I was just wondering how hard that is on my motor? Yeah i was suprised there wasn't anything on ebay, but i will talk to tom thanks alot. I will also make a new post right now:)
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

good deal on the g9 they are excellent carts. for the battery+winch issue; i have a 2000lbs electric winch on my g9 and i have a car battery running it + all my lights, and never had an issue, even after pulling 2-3 ezgos out of a deep dich! lol
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks saber, i plan on using a 4000 lb so i can pull stumps and brush out from behind my lake house without any trouble:)
Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

no problem my winch is my fav. acessery on my cart.
whats even funnier is that most ezgos have a tab with a 1'' hole in it welded on to the front axel perfect for hooking the winch hook onto!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507581 View Post
Thanks Spriddle, The governer is already bypassed(thats the way it came). I was just wondering how hard that is on my motor? Yeah i was suprised there wasn't anything on ebay, but i will talk to tom thanks alot. I will also make a new post right now:)
You'll be fine just be mindful of your rpm's: don't run it wide open on the street for hours at a time. Keep the oil changed, one quart only, the dip stick on these usually misread, 10w30, and no thick oil additives.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha