lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
Styles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 90's ish Textron- smells like i have open fuel can in my garage

I went looking for a used golf cart at a local cart shop in town. I had a set budget and the shop only had a couple used carts and they were pretty new and over my budget. The guy says he has a customers cart out back to look at. I check it out and its a gas 90ish EZGO Textron (sorry I'm new and I don't see the year on the tag) anyway, the customer hurt his back and couldn't play golf anymore and they just had a new steering box put in and the carb cleaned. I drove it and it runs just fine. We called the customer and he accepted my offer and I took it home..... long story, sorry, thanks for sticking with me... now on to today. I go out to my garage and it smells like I have an open fuel can in my garage. I have a lawnmower in there too and could never smell a thing from that. I checked the air filter and its dry, no fuel. Fuel tank cap seems good. Since the shop just did some carb work I'd like to think all the springs are good there. What else should i be looking for? I think my wife is gonna make me park this thing out back . Also, how can i tell the exact year?

Thanks!
Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 90's ish Textron- smells like i have open fuel can in my garage

one cylinder or two? is a start.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Styles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
one cylinder or two? is a start.
Dangit, Stove! I just got to work, lol. But i can look when i get home. I think its 2 though. Ill post a pic later too.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Styles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Never mind on the pics for now. I gotta wait 7 days to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #5
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles View Post
I went looking for a used golf cart at a local cart shop in town. I had a set budget and the shop only had a couple used carts and they were pretty new and over my budget. The guy says he has a customers cart out back to look at. I check it out and its a gas 90ish EZGO Textron (sorry I'm new and I don't see the year on the tag) anyway, the customer hurt his back and couldn't play golf anymore and they just had a new steering box put in and the carb cleaned. I drove it and it runs just fine. We called the customer and he accepted my offer and I took it home..... long story, sorry, thanks for sticking with me... now on to today. I go out to my garage and it smells like I have an open fuel can in my garage. I have a lawnmower in there too and could never smell a thing from that. I checked the air filter and its dry, no fuel. Fuel tank cap seems good. Since the shop just did some carb work I'd like to think all the springs are good there. What else should i be looking for? I think my wife is gonna make me park this thing out back . Also, how can i tell the exact year?

Thanks!
look in passenger side glvoe box, should be a serial number tag. then you can go to the ezgo website (just google it) and put it in, and it will tell you the year of your cart.

carb float may be sticking? filling the carb with fuel? perhaps see if carb is full, how does it run?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #6
Styles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
look in passenger side glvoe box, should be a serial number tag. then you can go to the ezgo website (just google it) and put it in, and it will tell you the year of your cart.

carb float may be sticking? filling the carb with fuel? perhaps see if carb is full, how does it run?

Thanks for the tip. Based on the tag it’s a ‘97.

It runs fine. Choke works correctly. But even standing by it you can smell fuel. I’m thinking about replacing all the fuel components including the tank. But I’m going to take your guys advice here first for some initial trouble shooting.

Old 05-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #7
Styles
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Update- I think having the carb removed and cleaned at the cart shop may have been the cause for the extra gas smell. Now that it’s been a few days it’s better.

New issue is that every once in a while during a round of golf, more often towards the end, the cart won’t go and the motor is trying but just spins. Takes quite a few tries before it will go again....

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO