lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #11
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV higher torque motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Also, about the RXV keyswitch, I cant even count how many times I've heard "it must be the keyswitch", but I can roughly recall how many "actually bad" keyswitches I've had to replace, I think I can do it with the fingers on one hand, two hands at max. This is over a 10+ year period.
Thanks gctech. I agree, I would have thought it would be pretty water resistant just because of how it is exposed to potential weather all of the time which is why I asked. It seemed to be too simple of an explanation for the issue. rngilliland's thought seems like a very likely candidate since the controller is fairly well protected.
wsettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2020, 09:53 PM   #12
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV higher torque motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
to answer the question with pics/proof, yes it can. Gives me no trouble at all.
You posted this on another thread and if you could share your thoughts on this, I would appreciate it. (Or anyone else would be much appreciated)

Controller-settings.jpg

First, is there a description or manual I could view that describes all of the settings available on this controller?

I bought this cart for my 92 yo mother to get around the farm better (where I mow anyway). She still likes to weed her garden and carry the clippings to the old ice house, now burn pit. The 30 yo yamaha she had needs batteries and a few other things and was just not easily "configurable" for an older person. Also, she has 12 great-grands that like to help her and some are old enough to drive the cart so mom needed a cart that was strong but tame.

On my old TXT, the Alltrax I put in it had a soft start feature which would be awesome for mom and I am betting the throttle section I circled has that feature and what appears to be a lot more options.

If I were to describe what I'd like to see for my mom and the grands would be something like this:
- very soft start - eliminate any possibility of jerk from throttle
- very soft if not just smoother automatic brake
- speed limited but with full torque (if needed) when pulling a mini trailer to the burn pit to "get it moving"

Anything else you all would recommend that can be configured in the controller settings?

Somewhere on this forum, I noticed a link to an online vendor that would rent the controller for $30/mo which seems like a great deal for dinking with settings over time but not costly.

Since this is a 2014 rxv fleet, I assume it has a curtis controller in it. This is the only picture I have of the area but will take the cover off tomorrow to verify and see what kind of configuration connector it has.

heat-sink.jpg

Thanks all! Great forum.
wsettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO