lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
Snoopysides
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 rxv does almost nothing

Ok so I had a guy bring me his 2014 rxv to repair. It had a Navitas tac 2 controller installed at some point, and the cart was driven with that controller no problem. Then the guy decided to get fancy and try to install a shiny digital soc meter. While doing so he shorted a couple wires together at some point. Now the cart does basically nothing. It will unlock the brake in tow, but that’s about it. He said he has even tried going back to the old controller and it didn’t help either. I’m on the track that he’s fried both controllers with that gauge. Is there anywhere in the wiring I should be looking for a possible short from his escapade? Checked all fuses,They were good, scanned Navitas with the dealer app, said stage v failed. I personally haven’t tried his original controller yet. Why do people think it’s a good idea to cut wires on an rxv?
Snoopysides is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 rxv does almost nothing

There are several posts where people have ruined their Curtis controllers by shorting the 48 volt wire to the 5 volt signal wire at the factory SOC meter plug. If that is what happened I would guess it would do the same to a Navitas controller.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well, as little as I know about the green box controller, at least I now know it gets killed just the same as the stock controller when the 5v "meets" the 48v circuits. I bet he wont make that mistake twice, after he buys another controller.

Hmm, who's rebuilding the "green boxes"?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Going to be an expensive lesson learned[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO