lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2020, 05:20 PM   #11
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Cart will not move Alltrax AXE 4855

The cart has been inoperable. When I went out Sat. and pushed the accelerator it started to run. I let off and pushed again and it stopped working again. I decided to go through the full test process again Sunday. I started with all the normal checks. Pack voltage, Diode check on the controller, F/R, but when I went to check the throttle sensor voltage between the 2 spade connector on the controller and pushed the accelerator it state ed to run. ????? I let off and pushed again and it is working. I tried reverse, forward and back again. It is working. I don't know why???

The test between the throttle spade connectors was 8.85v at solenoid click and 5.34v at full throttle. These voltages are not even close to what may have been suggested in some of the forums. The controller has its 4 green blinks, solid green and under full power is yellow.

I do not want to get into the woods and have it stop on me.

Suggestions any one??

I have ordered a sensor coil and will replace it. I don't know if that the problem
rdkogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2020, 08:14 PM   #12
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had an AXE4865 in my 1994 Medalist that acted the same way, it finally quit and never worked again. Replaced it with a SR48500. Here is the thread from when I was troubleshooting it.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=121547
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #13
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Hand Tools for the link. That appears to be exactly what I am experiencing.
I received the induction coil today and it measured 0 ohms. My existing measures 3.141 M ohms. I will see if the new coil will make a difference. I did check the micro switches and they all were working but I guess could be intermittent.
I have send an inquiry to Alltrax to see what they say. You indicated that you purchased a SR48500. Are you satisfied with it? Did you get it from Scottie?
I have a TXT. I was planning on converting to 48v at some time and this may be it when I locate the problem of get a new controller. It looked like you converted from 36v to 48v. I have the same HD F/R switch and solenoid with the 36v resister. Did you add 12v to the pack and change to a 48v resister? Was all you needed to do?
Once again thanks for everyones help.!
Old 09-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #14
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yep the SR48500 was purchased from ScottyB and I am completely satisfied with it. I added 2 6v batteries in the bagwell to get to 48v. You will also need a 48v charger.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:45 PM   #15
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the 4 pin Molex connector between the controller and the pedal box for corrosion. Eliminate it to be sure. It could be causing resistance in your throttle signal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 04:40 PM   #16
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

Is there any problem changing the Molex connector to spade connectors do you think?
Old 09-23-2020, 08:21 PM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkogler View Post
Is there any problem changing the Molex connector to spade connectors do you think?
I would, and have done before heat shrink butt connectors, or lead solder with heat shrink. Whatever you choose needs to be sealed good because moisture can reek havoc on the throttle signal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:32 PM   #18
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

It was working when I left last week. Got there today and same problem. Changed the induction coil and still did not work. I was able to get with Will at Alltrax and he walked me though several test. We were able to conclude it was the controller. Thanks to everyone who helped me. I have ordered a SR48500 from Scottie. I will reuse the solenoid and F/R switch. There are the Heavy duty ones. Again Thanks
Old 10-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #19
rdkogler
Not Yet Wild

I have the cart working again with the new controller. Thanks to everyone who participated in helping me!

Tags
alltrax axe 4855
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO