lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
stevelinkinhoker@yahoo.co
Not Yet Wild

Default Basic info

Ok, stupid question #2.
I have a 2013 EZGO TXT with the 295cc Robin motor.
I am having an issue with it not running right or at all now.
It started yesterday and would run fine for 10' and then
quit all together. lt does fire up for a few seconds now but then
nothing. I checked for spark coming out of the plug wires and
nothing. I know the coil is good because i just changed it out
a month ago. So i guess i am not getting spark somewhere else
down the line. I am not familiar with these Robin motors, but i am
experienced with aircooled motors. There are are relays and
micro switches on these things, non i know anything about.
Where is good place to start?
Thanks,
Steven
stevelinkinhoker@yahoo.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2021, 01:38 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Basic info

Why start a new thread?
What makes you think it is a 2013 cart?
EZGO switched to the Kawasaki engines in 2008, so unless someone changed the motor, transaxle, engine mount and wiring harness in your 2013 cart and put a MCI Robbin 295 in it, with older transaxle, wiring harness and engine mount, or it isn't a 2013 cart.

A lot of the basics of a gas cart are the same, but the diagnostics and typical problems vary depending on what you have. Need to be able to identify clearly what you have. Maybe a picture of the entire open engine bay would be helpful if you could post one.

As for a description of how they work...the accelerator cable goes to the transaxle where it connects to the governor arm, and a separate cable goes from the governor arm to the carb throttle linkage. Step on the pedal, pulls the governor arm and throttle linkage with it. When the cart reaches a certain ground speed, the transaxle pulls back on the throttle, compressing the associated springs on both cables, reducing accelerator pull at the cart at the carb linkage. Governor is based on how fast the transaxle is turning, not the engine. If you have a Robbin motor, the ignitor has a separate rev limiter in the ignition system that will ground the coil and kill spark as you reach redline.

As for why it ran 10' and died, and why it won't run or start now is anyone's guess. Need more info. You bought it a month ago....from a dealer? did it run when you bought it? What did you do to it to make it not run, if it was running previously? What are the symptoms, and are you capable of doing basic diagnostics? Do you have a volt/Ohm meter? When you step on the pedal, what happens? What is your battery voltage?
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
nu2it
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Basic info

JPonLKN: You are my hero! Thank you for putting "Robin 295" after MCI. I been searching mci and finally found this. Excellent description on how the go pedal operates the throttle plate! Tks. nu2it
nu2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO