lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
Cdtaley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Block diagram

I just bought an rxv and have been looking over the schematic. Is there a block diagram for the cart,s electrical system. I have no motion, no click, no meter reading. Lots of left over wire that were put in without standard wires and colors. I'll get it eventually but a few simple pointers like . System runs positive buss and grounds are control. Solenoid is controlled by foot pedal, but needs lots of switch closed. The lockout thing has me stumped as I can't find a diagram and one wire that looks like speaker wire is connected to one ot the terminals and not terminated any place else. Got to start somewhere...
Cdtaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2021, 04:30 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Block diagram

Which year is the cart? As what you describe, i would recommend to look for a OEM harness first. The RXV is a pretty sensitive cart, fully computerized, not a good idea to go ' trail and error '! Everything should be correct connected before sending power to the system.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:05 AM   #3
Cdtaley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I did a little more staring at the schematic and took a close look at the charge port. Duh? The only dangling wires were the interlock B+ and the +,- for charging. I hooked it up and I get beeping and a brief power on test where it moves a bit and stops. Based on what I read it’s testing he brake lock. The brake is not engaged at all, on, off, stop, run. I can always push the cart so I’m guessing that the computer is failing the POT and shutting things down. Based on what I read it could be a number of things. More likely the speed encoder, or the brake. I don’t have a Curtis test tool so can’t see. I could buy a tool, but I’m think the money would be better spent on a navitas controller where he Bluetooth will be my diagnostic tool., BTW, I have advanced degrees in electrical engineering and computer science. Just not familiar with golf carts, yet. But thanks for the advice.
Clifford D. Staley
Cdtaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:01 AM   #4
biphase
Gone Wild

The brake requires power to disengage. If you pull the 2 pin plug off the brake, the brake should engage and you should not be able to push the cart. If you can still push it, the brake is bad. This will cause the power-on test to fail.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #5
bdserv
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

chart.jpg
bdserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:25 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, the brake engage mechanical and disengage by electro magnetic power. You could remove it and take it apart, looking what's wrong. It's a pretty simple thing.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ergo wiring repair
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO